Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grey Fuel Lines

Grey Fuel Lines

K so I know this is a dumb question, I am sorry for asking it even but I want to be 100% sure on what I get is correct. I have a 99 xp and have the grey lines in there was wondering what sizes I need I saw 3/8 and 5/16 thrown around along with 1/4 which size do I need and how much. Thanks in advance for the answer.

I am no expert, I am not sure if your ski runs on the same size fuel line as what I have, but I just wanted to add that The fuel line from seadoo (or whoever they get it for) has the same ID but a thinner wall making it easier to use the fuel line clamps. When I used regular automotive fuel line it was much more of a pain to tighten all of the clamps...

+1
    Approx 12 feet of 5/16 & 5 foot of 1/4 inch will do ya.

Thank you so much for the answer back will buy the lines and then attempt this, this weekend.

jnoffke, I'm in the same boat...I'm just hoping I didn't blow one of my pistons when the carb decided to clog. 5/16 it is, but I hear it's tight. I also thought it was more then 12ft of the 5/16. 6ft of the 1/4 sounds about right.

Does the lines for the cooling system bleed need to be swapped? The ski i bought a few weeks ago already has SAE fuel lines coming and going from the tank/filter/engine. Just the bleeder lines and the fuel overflow (???) lines are still gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Romowens01 View Post
    Does the lines for the cooling system bleed need to be swapped? The ski i bought a few weeks ago already has SAE fuel lines coming and going from the tank/filter/engine. Just the bleeder lines and the fuel overflow (???) lines are still gray.
    thats right, I didn't do any other lines on mine.

Unhappy

i just did the swap on my 97 spx. and now i think the carbs are clogged i changed them all, and now the ski will start when i hit the gas it will start to go then bog and die after like 10 feet i think the carbs gotta be rebuilt or cleaned now also i didnt clean the fuel selector but thats my own fault

yep even if you had carbs rebuilt and then run ski for a week or two with grey lines,the tiny filters inside the mikunis will be plugged up with green ,blackish gunk from the inside plastic of grey fuel line melting when gas gets old and dissolves it plugging on off reserve ,petcock,all carb intake connections,and the filters,hope this helps>Marvin

were are the filters located i have never pull the carbs all the way off lol, i was to nervous looks hard to do can i access the filters with carbs on or no

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information