Angry Wtf! Surging at 55mph! Whats going on? Help please!

I have a ski that sures at 55mph! Now this ski has a new turbo and wastegate! I also performed nitro sharks actutator and wastegate test! The unit passed the test and the worst part is i have no codes?????? Wastegate solenoid was also replaced! Wtf is going on? Someone please help me!

+1
    It would be worth the cost of a tank of race gas/AVGAS to see if the issue disappears. Many have found it is the ECM pulling back boost/timing due to high IAT and not enough octane [knock sensor]. If the race gas/AVGAS fixes it, then get a new intercooler and Macboost chip and you'll run well on 92-93 octane.

Quote Originally Posted by jrinjax View Post
    it would be worth the cost of a tank of race gas/avgas to see if the issue disappears. Many have found it is the ecm pulling back boost/timing due to high iat and not enough octane [knock sensor]. If the race gas/avgas fixes it, then get a new intercooler and macboost chip and you'll run well on 92-93 octane.
    i dont think its the knock sensor it would have thrown a code 25! Do you think maybe the instrument cluster is messed up? Ok what im trying to say you know how you can put the ski on limit mode right? When you do that the ecm limits the ski! Do you think maybe its doing that? It doesnt show on the cluster that its on limit mode,but i think the cluster is messed up! Have you ever heard of anything like this happening? I going to take this ski to the water and try a new cluster. Im going to change the fuel to racing fuel if that doesnt work im going to switch out the cluster,but seriously have you ever heard of a cluster limiting the ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EXTREME HONDA View Post
    i dont think its the knock sensor it would have thrown a code 25! Do you think maybe the instrument cluster is messed up? Ok what im trying to say you know how you can put the ski on limit mode right? When you do that the ecm limits the ski! Do you think maybe its doing that? It doesnt show on the cluster that its on limit mode,but i think the cluster is messed up! Have you ever heard of anything like this happening? I going to take this ski to the water and try a new cluster. Im going to change the fuel to racing fuel if that doesnt work im going to switch out the cluster,but seriously have you ever heard of a cluster limiting the ski?
    If the knock sensor fails, it throws a code. When it senses a 6.6KH knock/ping it does not, only adjusting the boost/timing to stop it. Many have had this problem before and high octane fixed the issue. The best fix is a new intercooler/Macboost chip.

Ok now what?

Quote Originally Posted by jrinjax View Post
    if the knock sensor fails, it throws a code. When it senses a 6.6kh knock/ping it does not, only adjusting the boost/timing to stop it. Many have had this problem before and high octane fixed the issue. The best fix is a new intercooler/macboost chip.
    ok i tried high octane fuel it didnt work! The ski still surging at 5500rpms i have switched the actuator to a new one put a new turbo and wastegate i also put a new waste gate solenoid and still the same thing! Im going to try replacing the cluster. If that doesnt work i have another ecm also and if that doesnt work im replacing the wiring harness! This ski is kicking my ass! Now remember i have no codes! If you have any advice hit me back! Thank you

+1
    Before you go too far, put a boost gauge on it so you can see if the boost is fluctuating.

+1
    How do your plugs look and what about your air filter? I hate buying plugs but it always seems like my ski does better...

Damn this honda!

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Before you go too far, put a boost gauge on it so you can see if the boost is fluctuating.
    OK CHANGING THE CLUSTER DIDNT DO ANYTHING!! THE SAME SHIT IS HAPPENING! OK NOW I KNOW YOU SAID TO HOOK UP A BOOST GUAGE BUT I HAVE A NEW TURBO AND NEW WASTEGATE AND NEW WASTEGATE SOLENOID! I DONT HAVE A BOOST GUAGE IN THE SHOP TO PERFORME THE TEST! I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS SKI! TELL ME SOME MORE STUFF I CAN POSSIBLY LOOK AT TO MAYBE GET THIS SKI TO RUN RIGHT! JRINJAX IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE IDEAS IM GAME MAN!!! HELP!!!

+1
    Do you have someone who has a MacBoost module you can borrow? I have stopped the surging on two of mine when I put the Macmodule on.

+1
    try changing the plugs. It only takes one bad one and you would get that behavior. And make sure you still have the boost hose with the pill inside coming off the turbo. Some people put new hoses on and don't realize it's got a jet in it.

Thread Information