Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva's stage 2 now what?

Riva's stage 3 will include a vi-pec ecu, delete the boost clamp. Is this the best way to go, I want to stay w/93 oct. what about a reflash /power shot? I don't fully understand the pros & cons or what's the best direction.

+1
    If you do a search you will fine lots of threads discussing the pros and cons of stand alone ecu's and reflashes. Something like a Vi-pec will allow you a lot of adjustability with your setup. Mild to wild by loading different maps. Much easier to add/remove different items such as bigger wheel, cams, injectors, etc because the program is fully adjustable. Reflashes are still in their infancy and offer virtually the same speed/power gains but right now they limit how far you can take things. Fueling is a big issue right now with the reflashes when using the larger wheels. There are plenty of R2/E1 skis running around (with varying fueling setups) and they run extremely well. The R3 flash looks to be an even better option with the bigger wheels. If money isnt a concern then a motec/vipec is the easy choice. But if R&D can come out with a line of reflashes for mild to wild wheels with good fueling throughout the RPM range then that is hard to say no to.

+1
    Biggest difference you are going to see first, is PRICE. Unless you like a lot of tuning and tinkering with your stuff the reflash is a lot easier and cheaper.

I see you're on the St. John's river in FL. Do you know Duke? He is right around there and he knows a lot about these skis and has set up quite a few of them. He's working on an E1 reflash setup as we speak.

Duke is about 150 miles S. So the motec/vipec will allow me to use pre programed maps or allow me to specify control of rpms, fuel, timing & boost? A reflash will involve shipping stock ecu out for reprogramming to set perimeters? Is a reflash dependent upon a pwr shot and what exactly dose that do? What is an rrfpr?
    dazed & confused along the mighty St John's.
    Last edited by bkweld; 08-17-2010 at 09:33 PM.

+1
    I have been all over these threads trying to explain what is and what is not possible at he moment with the reflashes. If you just search through my recent posts, you will find some good threads on this exact topic. There is TONS of information on this. More than I can stand to type out all over again. lol

But I think you will find the info you are looking for no problem.

been look'n for a thread that explains in detail the functions and applications of various programing options w/no luck but i'll keep on look'n. up until this point my modification path has been less unclear.

+1
    For you current setup in your signature, I would recommend the R3 reflash. It is designed to support the 16-18 pounds of boost that E1 wheel cranks out.

You can then sell your RIVA boost clamp as it will not be needed any more. You might be ok with your current prop too after the reflash.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    For you current setup in your signature, I would recommend the R3 reflash. It is designed to support the 16-18 pounds of boost that E1 wheel cranks out.

You can then sell your RIVA boost clamp as it will not be needed any more. You might be ok with your current prop too after the reflash.
    Since we're on the topic i was just wondering, since the stock 2 bar map only measures up to 14.7 psi of boost can I use a boost clamp to measure up to 17psi of boost. In other words can i use the boost clamp instead of the 3 bar map sensor ?????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Since we're on the topic i was just wondering, since the stock 2 bar map only measures up to 14.7 psi of boost can I use a boost clamp to measure up to 17psi of boost. In other words can i use the boost clamp instead of the 3 bar map sensor ?????
    Don't worry about the stock 2 bar map sensor. You don't need a clamp. The R3 tune takes care of all that for you.

then my fpr instead of pwr shot w/the R3 to control afr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information