Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates

Motec/Vipec vs R2 + Powershot + Fuel Regulator???

After reading all the threads "almost" about after market ECU's and the R&D reflash service, am still confused.

I have 2010 FZR, now installing Riva E1 and Shaft, Riva Power Cooler, HKS BOV, R&D Engine Cooling Kit, Riva Engine Breather Kit. I got Riva Stage I kit installed already with R&D Plate and Intake Grate.

I am still confused between adding Motec/Vipec or just reflash the OEM ECU with Power Shot and Fuel Regulator. and if i installed Motec/Vipec, is it easy to program it?

The temperature here can reach up to 48 c.

Do i need to change the 13/22R am running now to a 13/25?

Do i need to upgrade my Valve train too?

Riva Water Box?

i have 20 days to finish all the mods and i dont wanna buy something and regret it later.

+1
    Tons of info on the forum. I asked about the same questions as you and the same questions were asked before me. With the mods you want to do, you have a lot of homework. Not even mentioning your time-frame.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ToC&highlight=

Study the threads in the MoTeC Support section: http://greenhulk.net/forums/forumdis...-MoTeC-Support

Did I read that right--48° C which converts to 118° F???

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

+1
    As far as learning how to program, Motec Pete is offering some training classes that will be helpful. Also, other people on here can teach you a lot. The Valve train upgrade is not necessarilly needed right away but would probably be a good idea in the future. You don't want your rpms to be too high. The same can be said about the relashes also though. I have my rpms set up for the hot summer months and will be running a reduction nozzle to bring them down when it gets cooler. Either way, you need something to run the big boost wheel.

As far as the riva waterbox goes it isn't necessary to do what you are trying to do. Some people say they do nothing. Others say they slightly improve the pull of your ski. I think that they mostly add a sweeeeeeeet sound to the ski. I'm currently running a stock modded box. Gains......I don't think any but who knows. Either way its not enough to notice. Sounds pretty good I think. I might be adding the JD rear exhaust soon. Projected gains....nothing except hopefully getting rid of the drone that can be heard from a mile away.

5001craig - thanks, will take a good look at it, and yes, 48 c, and last month it reached 52 c.

ercBOOSTED - will stick with the OEM water box for now, and for the valve train will keep it as next year project ...

+1
    How high do you want to spin your motor? You may not ever need a valve train upgrade.

I dont have a limit yet, but i want to make it as fast as i can and keep it a daily use ride. when do i need the valve train?

+1
    Personally, I try to keep mine to 8400. The stock prop with the C3 and R2 hits this pretty close. With your temps, I would get a good IC like you mentioned and with intake and exhaust upgrades just see what you have. You might just like it (like I do ).

+1
    This is just my opinion, but "daily use ride" and "E1" don't go very well together, and that is just my opinion.

Thread Information