93 sl no start= bad starter

Well finally got her started. smoked like a hemi at a burnout contest but she ran(50 to 1 pre mix with injection hooked up). Had a few problem's thermo's and bypass stuck shut, now deleted and leaky bulb/ primer now deleted also. Went to take her back to water today decided to try and dry fire her nothing but a click in elct box and a loud beep since I hooked temp senser back up. Is that normal? So, after bypassing silinoid and trying a direct hot line to starter nothing. Loosened up exhaust and was able to get starter out the back end. New starter on order would not turn over on bench. Maybe I'll get out this weekend...... maybe. Nate

just a note, if you replace your starter pay attention to location of positive terminal on starter case. Mine on new starter had to be rotated towards hull to keep it from grounding out on exhaust. Learned this the hard way, had everything bolted up and no start,stood on my head in hull and spotted term. post grounding out on exhaust. Had to do it all over again, it was a long day. Nate

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Don't you have the rubber cover to protect from accidental grounding on the starter wire?

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Don't you have the rubber cover to protect from accidental grounding on the starter wire?
    on the batt. end yes in sol. box yes on the end going to starter nothing there.If there was it must have fell /rotted off. As hard as it was rubbing it wouldn't have been long and would have worn a hole through a it anyways. I'm glad it happened in shop and not out on water. Blowing batt. up or worse.Going to water today aggain weeekenders are gone for another week. Nate

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Yes, should have a cover over the battery cable at the starter.

Good luck with the trial run.

Trail run was a limited success. So weedy here right now intake was plugged in first 200 yrds from landing. Hard to get a good read on plugs I'm running 50:1 pre mix along with injection. Rivers coming up so I don't know when I'll get her back out. Guess I'll focus on getting her painted this week and hope for better water.

Thread Information