Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo RXP vs Yamaha GP1300R

Hey People,

I am wanting to buy a Jetski. I was at JV Marine and they were going to sell me the GP1300R 06 Yamaha its 170HP, but i have always been keen on the Sea Doo RXP 06 215HP Supercharged because its more powerful and the rotax engine because i race go karts with the Rotax Branded engine and its been so reliable.

What do you think i should get and why? The Yamaha 170HP GP1300R or the Seadoo RXP 06. The sea doo is an extra couple of $K. I am looking at the Seadoo RXP today at Seaford.

What are the up's and down's for both Jetski's. I need reliable advice to compare both Jetski's.

Why do you think the GP1300R is better? Why do you think the RXP is better? and also what are the down sides to both.

Cheers

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn...2/1/specs.aspx

http://www.brp.com/en-AU/Products/Se...?productID=RXP

What would the Yamaha be similar to in the Seadoo range? The wake?

I am from Melbourne Australia

save your money and buy the Ultra 250 in the spring.

+1
    Welcome to the Forum Trevo

trevo, first of all "welcome" second, I think you should add the Kawasaki 250X ultra to your list. i used to own a GPR 1200 Yamaha, Damm good ski! but 2004 I jump ship to Seadoo Rxp because of speed. Seadoo rule on speed after they put out the RXP, we are talking stock out of the showroom. the 1200 GPR and 1300GPR came from the same family. The Yamaha has a great hull design, keeps the water out of your face, I come home riding my 1200 GPR for 2 hours and I am dry as I come in the harbor,not a splash? Seadoo RXP is the opposite, I have to install a splash guard ($70.00) and I still get splashed? The name of the game is if I can't see were I am going, nomatter how much horse power I got...well it's useless? Trevor the best jetski in my book is a ski that has the Yamaha hull with the powerplant of the RXP! Like Mr. Bill said wait for the Ultra 250X and see, I have been studying it, so far I like the hull design but not the weight, damm thing is too heavy! Don't jump in head first on an empty pool, like the guy at PWCToday ultra250 post. wait and see, it will be to your advantage to be the wise one and wait....save your $ for now.

Trevo, I forgot, something to think about in the long run. 4 strokers are the new wave of the future(enviromentally friendly) compare to 2 strokers... I leave it there! something to think about?

Welcome to the forum Bro!
    Ditto on the Ultra 250, wait and see what becomes of it. I know it`s hard if your anxious...
    A HUGE thing to consider with the SeaDoo`s is the infamous SC clutch issue, although this can be resolved, why should you have to tear into a brand new ski to correct something the manufacturer KNOWS about and will FAIL sometime during your riding experience. Trust me I know and it ain`t pretty. If I had known, I can honestly say I would opt for reliability before maximum horsepower and speed...
    The SeaDoo hulls handle well in rough water if you ride mostly in those conditions, something to consider, I would have chosen a NA 4-tech or kept my RXDI which BTW ran balls a$$ fast for a 2 stroker. Good luck in your choices...PR...

+1
    Since you said you race go carts, I assume you like to mod your toys. There is a good RXP tuner in Australia named Les Cooke. If you are looking to mod a ski for performance, then I would recommend the RXP for you. Not sure how close Thomastown, Victoria is to you, but he might be worth looking into. Might even call Les before making a purchase as he might be able to hook you up or something:

http://www.seadoocentre.com

Trevo, don't get caught up in the 215HP of the RXP over the 170HP of the GPR. Rotax Racing dyno'd the RXP at 195HP stock. SeaDoo is overrating the RXP.

+1
    The RXP is the faster ski. In a drag race the RXP will destroy a GPR. GPR's are slow until they hit about 45 mph and then they pick up. The power is progressive and not an instant jolt. I've ridden the GPR and raced both ski's. The RXP is a handful. Looking at it on paper you'd think it's close by power/weight ratio and top speed #'s, but in the real world the RXP is hands down the fastest stock ski until we find out what the Ultra has in it.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronC View Post
    The RXP is the faster ski. In a drag race the RXP will destroy a GPR. GPR's are slow until they hit about 45 mph and then they pick up. The power is progressive and not an instant jolt. I've ridden the GPR and raced both ski's. The RXP is a handful. Looking at it on paper you'd think it's close by power/weight ratio and top speed #'s, but in the real world the RXP is hands down the fastest stock ski until we find out what the Ultra has in it.
    I have the Yamaha GP1300R and have raced a 250 and have beat it off the line and in top speed, a friend of mine has a pair of ski's that are both well over 200hp and I can still beat them with my yamaha, I only have one issue with the two cycle and that the gas consumption, other wise since it's a two cycle it gives it that edge over four cycles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information