Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55
  1. #1

    Dana Point to Oceanside and Back Race - September 26, 2010

    ENTRY FORM IS UP:

    http://www.pwcoffshore.com/DanaPoint...side_Race.html

    See you there!

    Round three of the 2010 Triple Crown!


  2. #2
    Entry form is up! Get those entry forms into Ross Wallach of RPM Racing Enterprises - the final race of the 2010 Triple Crown!

  3. #3
    Dubz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,509
    good race for first time racers, or long time racers. its somewhat of a shorline race, we are a few miles off the shorline, but you can see land. some people get a little wigged out when they no longer see land. the start time is later in the morning, so rougher sea's may be present. go to www.pwcoffshore.com to register for the race. see you all in a few weeks.

  4. #4
    SCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California and Nevada
    Posts
    227
    The points chase for the Triple Crown was turned upside down at round 2 in Long Beach with multiple DNF's from the front runners. Who knows what could happen in round 3 where the points may fall. I believe Lee Phan is leading the points followed very closely by John Belton on his Bone Stock Ultra 260X.

    It will be a very close battle this year for the Championship.

    Even If you have not raced the prior rounds of the Triple Crown series, this 3rd and Final round is in my opinion the best for first time racers. The course runs south and north along the coastline so you never loose sight of land. This is a very fun course to get yourself started in offshore racing. Anyone who is interested should go to pwcoffshore.com. There you will find everything you will need to get started from what gear you should have, to safty items, setup tips and a little guidence.

    If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact myself or any member of the PWCOFFSHORE team, we are more than happy to help new racers get on the starting line.

  5. #5
    Moderator shawn alladio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Earth, USA, California
    Posts
    2,058
    +1
    7
    There it is. The last offshore race of the year, come out and GET SOME!

  6. #6
    Dubz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,509
    i'mma bring some, doubt I'll get some! might hand some out tho!

  7. #7
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    i'mma bring some, doubt I'll get some! might hand some out tho!
    Or you might step in some..

  8. #8
    Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    1,347
    +1
    2
    The entry fees are pretty steep. What's the payback for each class? And I was also curroius about the superstock limited, when it said no driveline mods. Does that include intake, trim tabs, and exit nozzle? More specifically I'm wanting to know about the exit nozzle. I replaced the p.o.s. stock plastic nozzle on my gpr with a stock SHO aluminum nozzle. I'm just thinking one last good time on my GPR before it's sold.. (It's posted in the yamaha ski classifieds - http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...n-SAN-DIEGO-CA ).

  9. #9
    Dubz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
    The entry fees are pretty steep. What's the payback for each class? And I was also curroius about the superstock limited, when it said no driveline mods. Does that include intake, trim tabs, and exit nozzle? More specifically I'm wanting to know about the exit nozzle. I replaced the p.o.s. stock plastic nozzle on my gpr with a stock SHO aluminum nozzle. I'm just thinking one last good time on my GPR before it's sold.. (It's posted in the yamaha ski classifieds - http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...n-SAN-DIEGO-CA ).

    wreckingball....You can race in the Sportsman Open class no problem. I'm not sure what the entry fee is for that class. The Pro/AM is 190, no payout for any class at this time. If your wanting to run stock no drive train mods, thats a good question. I can try to find out for you. That might be on the border for class legal to non class legal. Hopefully you can join us for the race, its a fun race!

    What are you getting in place of the GPR?

  10. #10
    Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    1,347
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    wreckingball....You can race in the Sportsman Open class no problem. I'm not sure what the entry fee is for that class. The Pro/AM is 190, no payout for any class at this time. If your wanting to run stock no drive train mods, thats a good question. I can try to find out for you. That might be on the border for class legal to non class legal. Hopefully you can join us for the race, its a fun race!

    What are you getting in place of the GPR?
    I'm working full time, and just started going back to school full time. Then to add to that, my wife and I are planning for kids.

    I still have the '03 GTX (family friendly) for getting to the beach.

    My wife and I discussed our priorities, and having 2 skis + my dirtbike is more than we can afford right now. Life might be a little easier had we not bought our house in 2005 in the height of the market, but just trying to make it through. One day when I'm done with school I'm going to find another GPR and do a gprxp conversion. After riding one of another GH members GPRXP's, that's the ski I want. I'll just have to wait....

    I was contemplating this race, but I went to Big Bear Lake for 3 days over the holiday weekend, and then went to the Pala MX National for 2 days this last weekend. So I'm trying to figure out where I'd find the class entry fee at the moment.

    Even if I don't make the race, keep me posted on other races. I know it's getting harder to get powersport races here in California.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dana Point to Oceanside and back race...
    By OCEANSIDE in forum So Cal Riders
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. Dana Point to Oceanside and back race...
    By OCEANSIDE in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 07:10 AM
  3. Sept 9 Dana Point to Oceanside and Back Offshore Race / Round 3 of TCO
    By Socaloffshore in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 01:10 AM
  4. Dana Pt. to Oceanside and back race
    By rlovebk in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
  5. 2009 Dana Point to Oceanside and Back Offshore PWC race
    By shawn alladio in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 01:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •