+1

Piston Replacement on SLT

Just thought i would post this if anyone cares to read. I already replaced the center piston on my slt.. holed the piston on pontiac lake last year.. good thing it was the last ride of the year! lol

sat all winter, replaced it with a .25 over.. all went well. runs great again. After jobbie nooner this past june, i decided to take off the heads and check the wash. it had 4 out of 5 wash marks on every piston... close but needs more on the highs. no biggie.

the big deal was the crack i saw on the top of the pto piston. the ski ran fine too.lol so tonight, i took off the piston and replaced it with a new std size piston. after i found the circlip in the back of the ski after it went Bling!!!! little bast^&*& ,, i'll find ya..

then ended up taking off the center jug to access the circlip on the forward side of the piston on the pto.. all went well there..

I cant stress enough,,lay a giant towel over your engine while taking out the circlips, if they launch,, murphys law will kick in and youll loose it in the cases! or down the carbs..found mine in the back of the ski hate when that happens.. use a socket that fits the bore for the piston pin and knock it right out.. roller bearing is fine too.

The bore looked great and will use the old rings so everything matches again.. should be fine..

I only dropped the wrench once and 1 nut,lol getting better!

The "Raft OFF" is on Lake Saint Clair this SATURDAY the 14th,, they are going to try to make the worlds longest raft off side by side.. Zora and I will be there on the SLT!. Cmon by if your in the area,, its a rocks throw from gull island...aka (jobbie nooner island),, its gonna be 93.. should be a great time. Got Beads?

The crack on the piston was half way across the top starting from the center and ran down both lands and down the side skirt and stopped at the piston pin hole. I think I caught it just in time before it grenaded.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    The "Raft OFF" is on Lake Saint Clair this SATURDAY the 14th,, they are going to try to make the worlds longest raft off side by side.. Zora and I will be there on the SLT!. Cmon by if your in the area,, its a rocks throw from gull island...aka (jobbie nooner island),, its gonna be 93.. should be a great time. Got Beads?
    If the weather holds off I Might join ya

+1
    they say it might rain,, but in michigan, that means a storm blows thru and then its over..My buddy has a boat going there too. leave me your number in my pm box and well see whats going on with that..

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    So you installed a .25mm piston and rings into a STD bore.

That then cracked the dome.

And now you reinstalled another STD piston into the same cyl?

What kind of piston to cyl clearances are you running?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    So you installed a .25mm piston and rings into a STD bore.

That then cracked the dome.

And now you reinstalled another STD piston into the same cyl?

What kind of piston to cyl clearances are you running?
    Bump

Thread Information