95 Wave Venture problems Please help!!

My 95 wave venture idles perfect and runs high speed flawless, but bogs badly on acceleration! A little chop to the water and it bogs some and in turns it bogs! I have heard that it could mean the carb needs adjusting but I havent a clue! Please help!!!

+1
    That seems to be the consensus. I have two 95's WV's and one of them does bog just off of idle. If I pulse the throttle (quick on, off, on, off, etc.) it usually gets it passed the bog section pretty quickly and goes well from there. I just haven't had the time to rebuild them yet, but do suspect that that is the issue. I *think* someone said if you pull the choke out a bit and it goes away, that means that the carbs are not pulling enough fuel and shows that they need to be rebuilt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    I *think* someone said if you pull the choke out a bit and it goes away, that means that the carbs are not pulling enough fuel and shows that they need to be rebuilt.
    Yes, amoung many things your carbs MAY need to be rebuilt. It could also mean that the low speed jets need a tad more fuel. If you try opening your low speed jets about 1/4 turn and the bog tends to go away, then you are moving in the right direction. You can open the low speed jets in 1/8 turn increments to be conservative up to 3 full turns out. Most people tend to rejet after going 2 turns out.

BE SURE TO KEEP TRACK OF HOW MUCH YOU ARE OPENING AND CLOSING! This way you can put it right back if it does not work out for you. Also, keep in mind that you are in fact adding more fuel as you open, so it will not hurt your engine. It may effect your top speed though because you may have to much fuel.

It would not hurt to do a bit of reading on how to adjust carbs (google "Mikuni carb adjustment"). You will find that one of the first things that you do is adjust the low speed adjustment screw to get the proper hole shot response, then you tune to the high speed screw to get the best top end. This is all done with a tachometer to verify progress. You just may not have enough fuel on the bottom.

After all of this is said though, it really would not hurt to just try to turn out your low speed screws 1/4 turn. You can always put them back if it does not work out.

Thread Information