Anyone in Midcoast Maine that knows Polaris PWCs

I have four Polaris PWCs in various conditions. I would like to find someone that could help me work on them, make necessary updates so I can have more fun on the water. I am happy to pay for your expertise.

I have a 1996 SLT 750 that is running great.

1997 SLT 780 with lots of oil in the hull ( I am thinking of going premix) and the engine acts real sluggish and skips when first started but slowly works its way out of skipping after a few minutes and then runs fine.

1997 SL1050 that has no spark ( I am going to try a fresh battery) and also takes on water while running.

1997 SLTX with a bad piston

I also have a 1996 Sea doo XP 800 that has a couple issues, VTS not working and water regulator on top of muffler needs replacing.

I live in Topsham and Jefferson depending on the season. I like to work on stuff but need someone to guide me.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Sounds like your Polaris fleet needs a fair amount of work done. If you have a professional shop do everything that should be done, the bill will be significant.

In addition to correcting the apparent problem(s) with each machine, it is prudent for some preventative maintenance to be done on each machine, even if it appears to be running OK. That typically includes a refresh of the fuel system (new fuel lines, carburetor internal cleaning and rebuild), new fuel filter. Inspect and possibly drain and clean fuel tank. Rebuild or replacement of the Fuji fuel pump.

The reason for the focus on the fuel system is that these 2-stroke engines do not tolerate weakness in the fuel system. A partially clogged carburetor can cause unexpected engine damage, even when the engine is still making good power. The gray Tempo fuel lines used at the factory are known to degrade on the inside, and create a goo that clogs the carbs. The original fuel lines on the Fuji engines are now so old they weaken from age.

It is common for a thorough inspection to uncover additional issues that need correction. The links below will outline more about the common issues.

Thread Information