1996 SL 700 Fuel Pump Issue

I just rebuilt my keihin carburetors on my domestic 1996 sl 700. My initial problem was it would die after 20 minutes of running so I purchased a carburetor rebuild kit, fuel filters and oil filter. After replacing all of these parts, the waverunner started up without any problem.
    I took it to the lake but I was unable to get full power. I took the air filter and notice the
    carburetor nearest to the gasoline tanks was getting all of the gas. The one fartherest was not getting any gasoline. I did replace the gaskets between the carburetor and fuel pump but did not get into fuel pump because I did not have a tool to remove those type of screws. I was wandering if there is some type of test I can perform on the fuel pump to make sure it is running ok. I suspect the fuel pump is the problem but not sure.

+1
    Sl700, check out this site if you haven't already, lots of info. Fuel line or pulse line could be the issue. http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....omestic-engine

I have a 96 slt 700 and have replaced all lines.

Thanks for the information, it turned out to be the one carburetor which was getting all of the gas. Pulling one of the sparks from the video above helped me figure this out. After a more careful cleaning of the carburetor and I had to spray a little engine starting fluid to get it functioning after the cleaning, the bad carburetor start to run again. I took it out and ran it in the water. Looks to be running and accelerating good again.

+1
    Glad to help. I don't know why no other member chimed in who has more experience but this forum has been lot of help to me.

Thread Information