Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Havasu

+1

Lake Havasu

Guys am thinking about going out to Havasu for the nationals in October. Have never been and just wanted to know recomendations about places to stay best days to be there since I can't be there both weekends. Would like to go ride soem in the area is there someplace to rent skis. have seen all the pictures and want to experience it myself. Trying to decide whetehrer to drive out with a ski or fly and rent.

Thanks
    John

+1
    pro weekend bro...its a no brainer. Lots of places to rent skis. its still a drive from vegas or where ever you fly into. Might be better off driving and bring your own ski. If I had a 4 place trailer I would bring an extra ski for you.

+1
    Thanks man I appreciate that. Can get airfare roundtrip to Vegas for 150 then the rental car. Can drive there for less than 200 driving roundtrip. even pulling the ski. Just takes 3 days driving. By myself a long drive and boring. Still got time to figure it out. Is pro weekend the 9/10? How about places to stay?

+1
    Yup, 9-11th is pro weekend. If you can make Thurs, it's not bad. You really need to be part of a race team for the earlier racing, or it's just a lot of standing around. The racing is excellent...you just don't have a lot of interaction. The vendors don't typically pack in good till Fri afternoon, or Sat morning either.

Do you need a really "nice" place to stay, or just a good safe place to stay? Do you sleep at night, like us old farts, or do you hit the party scene?

Give me a call.

Banned User
    +1
    My advice would be to fly to Vegas and rent a car. Having driven from KCMO, to here, twice, when I moved, it's an awful drive, and you really wouldn't enjoy it. The drive from Vegas isn't all that fun either, and will probably take you close to 3 hours.
    As far as places to stay, we have plenty of hotels/motels. It depends on how much luxury you want.

Get with Mark(hydrotoys), or Joe, as they've stayed here lots of times, and know the hotel/motel situation well. I live here, and have never stayed at any of the hotels, so I can't help you there.

The "action" actually starts up about a month before the World Finals, with some of the international teams arriving here for a full month. They can be found down at Body Beach, testing and practicing.

+1
    Yeah I have driven to Vegas and was not the best ride. Except that my wife had never seen Grand Canyon or the west so she enjoyed it and I did with her. The flight to vegas and drive down is what I am thinking. I have a friend that flys jets with cessna and stuff but doubt he is going my way when I need him.

Thanks for the info and hope to see you there.

John

+1
    I have a spot for ya john!

+1
    When we were racing the spot we stayed at was called Havasu Dunes in a full efficiency. It was decent and close. Rented it for 2 weeks at a time. There was also a place called Queens or something like that, nicer but more expensive.

If you plan on staying a while look into renting a house for a month. We did that a couple times and worked out very well.

+1
    Thank doe the info guys. Gonna hang with ou812. Rode a couple of days at MB4 with them now gonna go to Havasu and do it again.

John

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Thank doe the info guys. Gonna hang with ou812. Rode a couple of days at MB4 with them now gonna go to Havasu and do it again.

John
    Word of caution..If he has invited you to stay in the "love shack" be careful. Jim is known for his midnight walking in his sleep slip into bed and snuggle, you might wake up to a little surprise in the morning. If you dont believe me pm hydrolocktoys.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information