Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: OPEN LOOP

  1. #1
    fh23rxp-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    462

    OPEN LOOP

    Hey ..

    I am currently on the process of mounting my open loop with my jim plate on my x .. I was waondering if anyone can can help me with the routin of the open loop . I ve search but i havent found anything helpfull ...

    I am using my stock x intercooler should i make another bleed line to relief the pressure ... Or something else ???

    Thanks !!!!


  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Just follow rivas instructions. Maybe yours won't swell. Are you using their kit?

  3. #3
    fh23rxp-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by ocman View Post
    just follow rivas instructions. Maybe yours won't swell. Are you using their kit?
    no i am using the 4tec one ..

    I bought it from a member here

  4. #4
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Does it have a thermo?
    You mean jd1?

  5. #5
    fh23rxp-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Does it have a thermo?
    You mean jd1?
    It's the one that's is chrome plate and it says (4 tech performance ) around it ...


    Sorry for the bad explanation lol

  6. #6
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by fh23rxp-x View Post
    It's the one that's is chrome plate and it says (4 tech performance ) around it ...


    Sorry for the bad explanation lol
    Right first off get a Riva thermostat, you will have Gas in oil issues from running too cooler engine/oil temps without it.

    Then for the routing you can copy rivas setup, although alot of people have been having issues including me with the intercoolers swelling and then leaking.

    It is very difficult to change the routing on the X so that your engine and exhaust gets enough water.

    R88

  7. #7
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Right first off get a Riva thermostat, you will have Gas in oil issues from running too cooler engine/oil temps without it.

    Then for the routing you can copy rivas setup, although alot of people have been having issues including me with the intercoolers swelling and then leaking.




    It is very difficult to change the routing on the X so that your engine and exhaust gets enough water.

    R88


    +1 on the Thermostat. It is not difficult to change the water routing at all. Its very easy actually. I followed rivas instructions. The only difference is that I have an XS IC

  8. #8
    fh23rxp-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    +1 on the Thermostat. It is not difficult to change the water routing at all. Its very easy actually. I followed rivas instructions. The only difference is that I have an XS IC
    where does the thermostat goes ?? does it goes right there in the hose that come from the head !!!

    is there any thing i can do to my intercooler to prevent the swealling

  9. #9
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Riva recommends its to go right off the head as you see in this picture bro. You can have your IC reinforced for protection. If you search the forums you will see some who have done it.

  10. #10
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Here is a link to the Riva open loop directions...This should help you understand the water routing and installation.


    http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instr.../rs1013_50.pdf

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. closed vs open loop cooling system
    By Tiplickhahaha in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 10:53 AM
  2. switched to open loop cooling on my SC 4-tec XPL
    By rapidacceleration in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 09:29 PM
  3. How-To: Flushing the open loop cooling for winter
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM
  4. Rapid Accelleration Open Loop Cooling Block Off
    By Hydrotoys in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 10:13 PM
  5. Water Pressure in open loop system
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •