how to adjust handlebars to nozzle? fzr

help. thanks

Nozzle adjustment? Left and right or up and down(i'm assuming you are talking about trim adustment) Before I write a book, can you specify if you are asking how to get the ajustment for trim? I am assuming further that you have replaced a cable (or three) and need to get it back to where you had it.

[QUOTE=cnyman;1523865]Nozzle adjustment? Left and right or up and down(i'm assuming you are talking about trim adustment) Before I write a book, can you specify if you are asking how to get the ajustment for trim? I am assuming further that you have replaced a cable (or three) and need to get it back to where you had it.[/QUOTE Thanks , left to right. the nozzle is not pointing dead center when my bars are
    straight across

+1
    You can adjust the cable at both ends. Probably easier to start at the nozzle end...using a 5mm allen wrench unscrew the ball joint from the steering nozzle, then loosen the 10mm locknut on the turnbuckle & you can then adjust it to the proper length. Screwing it out will move the nozzle to the left & inwards to the right. I usually move the bars so they are centered & then adjust the turnbuckle until the the steering nozzle is centered. Just make sure you don't move it too far towards the end of the threads. If you need more adjustment than you can get on that side, then go to the front of the cable where it attaches to the arm on the steering stem. If it's the same as the SHO, there will be two plates that swing out to release the cable from the arm.

To continue with what mjh3ides said, if there is not enough adjustment in the nozzle end of the cable to get you done, then when you release the two plates located at the other end of the cable(under the glove box area inside the engine compartment) where it attaches to the steering ball plate, there is a brass threaded collar on the cable that you can screw in or out dpending on if you needed to make the nozzle cable end longer or shorter. (the release of the plates is a simple "lever" arrangement that many times you can undo with your fingers if it is not corroded) If the amount of handlebar "offness" is very slight, then the nozzle end adjustment should do the trick. You should be able to use his instructions, unscrew the "turn buckle" as he called it or the piece of metal that is threaded on the end of the cable by 3 or 4 turns, reassemble and see if the problem got better or worse. If better but not perfect, unscrew a few more turns out until it works perfect. (if worse, screw it in a few turns and test again) As he cautioned, make sure you are not one or two threads from having it thread off or it will come off usually at the worse possible moment (like when you are about to hit someone or something) Be sure to check this by unscrewing it completely off to see how much you have left (while keeping track of how many turns that is). When you initially start the adjustment, count how many revolutions you turn it one way or another and write it down if you doing it over a period of time. Sorry to be so long but hopefully this helps.

Thread Information