2002 Polaris Freedom

I was just given a 02 Freedom. It is my understanding the mechanically she is sound but has some nice hull damage. Kind of looks like someone tried to park the right rear in rocks. Anyway, Does anyone have any imput about this craft? What do you think about it. I have noticed it has a unique hull design in the front and a VERY long pump assembly. It is also pretty big for a 700 (i am assumeing it is a 700). I also noticed that it has a Polaris engine in it. My 650sl has something else i think. Does this have the potential of being a good craft?

Thanks guys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasRatt View Post
    I was just given a 02 Freedom. It is my understanding the mechanically she is sound but has some nice hull damage. Kind of looks like someone tried to park the right rear in rocks. Anyway, Does anyone have any imput about this craft? What do you think about it. I have noticed it has a unique hull design in the front and a VERY long pump assembly. It is also pretty big for a 700 (i am assumeing it is a 700). I also noticed that it has a Polaris engine in it. My 650sl has something else i think. Does this have the potential of being a good craft?

Thanks guys.

yes, the freedom to me is a nice crusing ski, we rented the '04 model if i remember right and it does have some speeed to it we had it up around the 55-60 mph range, with it being a three seater(i stand corrected if it wasn't) it was very stable in the water...that was the ski that made me want to junk my seadoo and buy a polaris...but in otherwords it's a great ski

+1
    That 700cc Domestic engine is a killer little engine and you can perform some mods if you wish to make it a little quicker down the road.
    I think you'll find it faster and quicker than your SL. No matter what, the price was right.

wow they gave you a freedom, i have a 2002 freedom, is a sleeper in the lake,many 4 strokes have tried,many have fail,in 1/4 run,it has plenty of take of speed,3 seater or not pulls a skier with no problem and of course my wake board.i love mine wish i could find one more, any three seater Polaris only 2002 on up, just make sure your battery is strong I learn the hard way. k447 recommended deka battery agm,got one, come ready and charge no fuss fill and charge. hook it up and start,mine is blue. just wish they never stop producing skis but they did, by the way if you want to sell yours let me know lol.

would you let me me know whats the best mods i have 2002 freedom only 50 hrs or so got it new.k447 is helping me at this time, my dumb but hooked battery backwards, in a hurry to get a good place at lake and now it wont start no fire at plugs.glad the guy has patience to guide me thru steps.

Thread Information