Oil Lines and Check Valves...

I just rebuilt the top end on my '96 GSX 787 and I'm wanting to replace the two clear oil lines from the injector pump to the intake manifolds and the check valves / injectors in the intake manifold just for precautionary purposes.
    I found the oil lines (Item #30, p/n 290 860 046), but I'm having trouble locating the check valves / oil injectors (the two brass items that go thru the intake manifold). Are these the items that go bad, get plugged, etc. and cause failures? How do you remove them? And any clue where I get the replacement parts?
    Thanks,
    The Greenhorn

On the 787 Engine those Oil Injectors are a part of the Rotary Valve Cover and aren't available
    seperatley as a Sea-Doo part,, however, you are in luck because the identical part *is* available
    on the SKI-Doo Rotax powered equivalent engine.

They will press fit into your Sea-Doo 787 Rotary Valve Cover. Just use a propane torch and
    ease out the old ones with a pair of pliers.
    Actually they seldom fail (Internally they have a tiny Ball/Spring Check Valve) but I have seem
    some "seep" after sitting all Winter and fill the Cases w/ Oil.

p/n 420956510 $25/ea.

Thanks for the info... After I got the top end bolted back on and before I installed the carbs, I turned the motor over with the starter. The injector for the front cylinder just kinda slowly oozed oil out of it, but the rear cylinder injector kinda erratically spurted and sprayed oil out. The rear clyinder was also scored pretty badly. Does this sound like they are bad? Are they cleanable / servicable??

The Greenhorn

Also, I found that p/n (420 956 510) listed for the 951 motor, guess both the 787 and the 951 use the same ones? And when installing the new ones, do you use any type of loctite or sealant?

Thanks,
    The Greenhorn

Quote Originally Posted by wvgreenhorn View Post
    The injector for the front cylinder just kinda slowly oozed oil out of it, but the rear cylinder injector kinda erratically spurted and sprayed oil out. The rear clyinder was also scored pretty badly. Does this sound like they are bad? Are they cleanable / servicable??

The Greenhorn
    Anybody have a clue what they should look like when cranking engine with starter? Ooze or squirt?

After you bleed all the air out the Oil Pump, start the engine on the Cooling Water
    Hose at fast idle (3000rpm).

Manually hold the Oil Pump Lever Wide Open while engine is
    idleing.

You should see Oil and last few small air bubbles "pulsing" through both small Oil Lines

The engine must be running and Oil Pump must be wide open
    to see this. Just turning it over with the Starter isn't fast enough.

Thread Information