760 Carb Adjusment after converting Premix

iv been having a lot of trouble getting my ski to run as well as it did when i first bought it 2 months ago. it was already converted to premix when i got it and running great but i messed around with the lo/hi screws and havent been able to hit anything passed 45 since. i know each ski is different and the premix ratio affects the tunning as well. but i was hoping someone here could give me a suggestion as to how many turns out i should set the low and hi settings.

according to another thread i see the factory settings are:
    760 - Low Speed – 1-5/8 +/- ¼
    High Speed – 3/8 +/- ¼

im running a 50:1 ratio and would like to know how many turns out u suggest?

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Outer Banks, NC
    Is there a tach on that thing? I know they are not deadly accurate, but if it has one, what's the highest RPM it is showing?

fctory settings are 1 3/4 +/- 1/4 lows and 1/2 +/- 1/4 highs so what you will do is set up at 2 turns lows and 3/4 turns highs-go run it then turn in lows at 1/8 increments until you find the sweet spot then do the same for your highs also turn your idle screw up 1/4 to 1/2 turn helps get a better feel for low settings need to be about 1500 rpms in water then ultimately get a good tach at least a commercial tiny tach(updates every 1/2 second versus every 2 second for original tiny tach) this is the only way to fine tune your highs-also stock rpms are 6350 for your 760-big mark

I tuned mine tied to a tree in a river. Dont you have to do this under load?

you can tie it down to trailer and back it into water at ramp to simulate load and tune lows but not very effectively-its best to tune on water the old fashion way

thnx i set the lows at 2 and hi at 1 for now. yesterday when cleaning the carbs i noticed one of the hi screws was missing an o-ring... is this an issue?

Thread Information