Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

On/off switch for the super charger on a 250x?

Love my 250x but she's thirsty and I can't get to some of the islands near my place (unlike some of the guys I go riding with).

Is it possible to mod up an on/off switch for the supercharger on the 250x in order to save fuel?
    Would it run like crap without the supercharger i.e. EFI / engine tuning?

Thanks guys.

+1
    yes would run like shit you have been watching to many movies. just take more fuel you can fit 50+ltrs in the front and you can strap on at least an extra 80+ltrs on the back deck, do this all the time. plastic 20ltr jerry cans carry 25ltrs once the have streched out a little.

+1
    I found my ultra to not get to bad of gas mileage if you don't romp on it. Also, I got MUCH better fuel range running the Riva plate vs. the stock plate. MUCH BETTER!!!

like this:

So the clutch driven charger was only in the movies? Darn....all these years I just though you Aussies were so smart!

The one on your handlebar is not a switch....it's variable. Use it sparingly! I have gone 95+ miles on 17 gals, but it wasn't nearly as fun.

how did you measure having gone 95 miles, did you use the built in tripometer, it seems a little innacurate like my speedo is. what is the best cruising speed for long distance range

+1
    great movie one of my favourites , its called "Mad Max" here but i think they named it differently for the U.S. in the making of the movie they actually used an electric motor to spin the pulleys but obviously the blower internals were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    like this:

+1
    the trip meter is close enough for distance travelled but a gps obviously is more accurate. if you travel just out of the boost range you will get great milage, around 5000rpm works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ryangt View Post
    how did you measure having gone 95 miles, did you use the built in tripometer, it seems a little innacurate like my speedo is. what is the best cruising speed for long distance range

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I think it was actually called the road warrior but I know it as mad max also, 1973 ford falcon xb... sexy car

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I found my ultra to not get to bad of gas mileage if you don't romp on it. Also, I got MUCH better fuel range running the Riva plate vs. the stock plate. MUCH BETTER!!!
    I'd only taken my ski for a few quick blasts around home and then last weekend went on my first long trip. I sat around 5000-5500 RPM. After 90km I had two bars left on the fuel gauge and the beeper wouldn't have been too far off. I therefore reckon I used about 50 litres for 90km.

Luckily I was able to re-fuel at a marina and get home again. I'd read the manual which said 1 hr of run time at redline i.e. 112km, so I incorrectly figured that if I was taking it easy I'd get 150-200km out of a tank.

At USD225 I'd have to get a few hours of ride time in to get my money back on the Riva plate! What range do you get before / after?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information