Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: primer kit

primer kit

im plannning to buy a primer kit for my skii...i would just like to ask if how to attach it to my carb??? do i need to put all the three carbs with the nozzle???or 2 carbs only??? i will just use a y connector?? and from where do i get fuel from the tank??? the supply line?ret?or vent???thanx

+1
    Andy, I like to run the primer to all three carbs just in case there is a runaway situation and the engine starts reving I can add a little squirt of fuel to bring the RPM's back down. This is very useful for when the ski comes out of hibernation.
    The kit will have the block-off and nipples for the fuel supply and if you have a reserve line, that's what I would tap into so that you eliminate any air leaks to the carbs through the main line if the primer fails or a line falls off.

To Clarify!The primer nozzles go inplace of the choke so the holes left at each side of the carb after you remove the choke plates and rods then the kit from Watcon will have plugs and nipples for the carbs! but talk to him personally and ask for the 3 carb set up! Z

so,.. from the return line, i would create a Y connection? one from the carb return and to the primer??? because in manila they have primer available stock but for the single carb only, because it will spend me more when ordering abroad, i was just thinking if i would buy that one in manila and then find a way or can i fabricate a nipples for the carb??? and they i would fabricate also 1 line from the primer to three line tube for the each carb?? there is an exsisting nipple attached i think when removing the my flame arrestor...can i use that one?? i think it is for the oil supply line before...???thanx

craft, can i have the stock low speed jet # on my skii??? thanx... im, using 75#

Well in that case you could retain your choke and hook the primers up to the existing fittings in your manifold below your carbs #19 if it has them?
    not ideal but it should work

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    You could always drill and tap the carb for 1/16 or 1/8 npt and install fittings from your local hardware store

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    If you go to premix, you can use the oil injection fittings on the carbs as primer fittings? If you can get the primer plunger local then you can make your own kit for a triple?

The pilot jet in a 95 is 72.5 and the main jet is 105.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLion View Post
    If you go to premix, you can use the oil injection fittings on the carbs as primer fittings? If you can get the primer plunger local then you can make your own kit for a triple?

The pilot jet in a 95 is 72.5 and the main jet is 105.
    yes...i still have the fittings for the oil injection....yepey...hehehe...
    im using #75 maybe thats the reason im loaded in my 0 to 50 throttle..hmm... thanx.!

if im not mistaken

low speed 1 1/2 turn
    high speed mag? center? pto? please hehehe

thanx
    Last edited by andy95'slx780; 10-18-2006 at 12:47 AM.

+1
    Stock in the states for the Mikuni Super BN 38mm with 34mm venturi (95 SLX780) it was

High Speed Screw
    7/8 Mag 3/4 Cen 11/8 PTO
    Low Speed Screw
    1/2 Turn
    Pop Off
    10-18 pounds
    Idle
    1250-1300 in the water

thnx craft...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information