Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Talking Kids, don`t try this at home!

    Cough cough, a very good friend of mine suggested I remove the cotton media from the R&D FA on the GPR... I say how in the hell are ya going to do that. He says take your propane torch and burn it out a little at a time...

    so one day I`m bored and fire up a cigar, and get out the torch, well lemme tell you folks, as soon as I got near the cotton media with the torch woosh, poof, it was good night irene...lol...

    I was totally expecting this sort of thing to happen, just had to find out for myself if it did work...
    Propane torch = 1
    R&D FA = 0

    break out the marshmallows


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    pics?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    pics?
    sorry Rich, it burned like a warehouse full of tires, and then right in the brown thing it went...

  4. #4
    Moderator DrewNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Marlton, NJ
    Posts
    3,716
    +1
    1
    Man, that "friend" sounds like a real "ass clown"..... of course it's going to burn... We all know we can't count on the R&D mesh as being REAL stainless!

  5. #5
    Moderator DrewNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Marlton, NJ
    Posts
    3,716
    +1
    1
    I can't believe you didn't take pictures! I wish I was there to hear the words out of your mouth as that thing went up like a roman candle!

  6. #6
    "Hustler" Inkaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,712
    +1
    26
    You Jersey guys are idiots....

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,846
    +1
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Cough cough, a very good friend of mine suggested I remove the cotton media from the R&D FA on the GPR... I say how in the hell are ya going to do that. He says take your propane torch and burn it out a little at a time...

    so one day I`m bored and fire up a cigar, and get out the torch, well lemme tell you folks, as soon as I got near the cotton media with the torch woosh, poof, it was good night irene...lol...

    I was totally expecting this sort of thing to happen, just had to find out for myself if it did work...
    Propane torch = 1
    R&D FA = 0

    break out the marshmallows
    I belive you been smoking more than a cigar. "Where's your sign"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Man, that "friend" sounds like a real "ass clown"..... of course it's going to burn... We all know we can't count on the R&D mesh as being REAL stainless!


    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I can't believe you didn't take pictures! I wish I was there to hear the words out of your mouth as that thing went up like a roman candle!
    don`t ya remember the phone call

    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I belive you been smoking more than a cigar. "Where's your sign"
    unfortunately I`m sober, no fun for me... but that was fun

    I did salvage the flange for use as an insert to fit the kawi FA in the GPR

  9. #9
    Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Outer Banks, NC
    Posts
    1,393
    Actually, THAT should have been on video!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. extreme Yamaha jumping please don't try this at home
    By Broncosguru7 in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 02:07 PM
  2. Don't try this at home... Dawinchski
    By Trond in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 02:06 PM
  3. I hope my kids don't ever try and pull this kinda crap
    By Green Hulk in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 10:56 AM
  4. have you ever tried this
    By kenshin89 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 09:34 PM
  5. EVERYONE SHOULD TRY THIS
    By CRAZEDRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •