need help with 01 GPR1200 install

01 GPR1200 engine

I used a pulley puller and pulld off the flywheel. and SBT instructions said to install it using the old bolt. ok no problem. I used a impact gun to install it.. but the flywheel sits about 1/8 inch infront of the crank. I dont remember if it was in the same position when I took it off. the impact cant turn the bolt anymore and I dont want to rip the threads out... any help???

also. my question for this is because (I have no idea what its called but its the two bolt thing that goes in the cetner of the flywheel cover and has a bunch of hoses coming off of it) but I tried to install it and the center broke.. can I just fix it with some high temp epoxy for now until I get a new one?? is it supposed to sit in the middle of the crank bolt like it looks like it should?? I asked about the flywheel because it felt like the thing i was bolting down couldnt move anymore and it felt like it was pushing against the crank bolt...OR it wasnt in the grove in the bolt.

thanks guys!! btw this is my first rebuild and I started from scratch.. the motor was junked and I dont know where all of the brackets go. but im getting there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vettez062002 View Post
    01 GPR1200 engine

I used a pulley puller and pulld off the flywheel. and SBT instructions said to install it using the old bolt. ok no problem. I used a impact gun to install it.. but the flywheel sits about 1/8 inch infront of the crank. I dont remember if it was in the same position when I took it off. the impact cant turn the bolt anymore and I dont want to rip the threads out... any help???

also. my question for this is because (I have no idea what its called but its the two bolt thing that goes in the cetner of the flywheel cover and has a bunch of hoses coming off of it) but I tried to install it and the center broke.. can I just fix it with some high temp epoxy for now until I get a new one?? is it supposed to sit in the middle of the crank bolt like it looks like it should?? I asked about the flywheel because it felt like the thing i was bolting down couldnt move anymore and it felt like it was pushing against the crank bolt...OR it wasnt in the grove in the bolt.

thanks guys!! btw this is my first rebuild and I started from scratch.. the motor was junked and I dont know where all of the brackets go. but im getting there.
    Save yourself the trouble! Throw the oil pump in the trash! Spend $10 dollars and buy a block off plate. Go premix it is safer. The oil pump sounds like it didn't line up with the slot on the flywheel bolt

got a lot of help on pwc today and i am deleteing the oil pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vettez062002 View Post
    got a lot of help on pwc today and i am deleteing the oil pump.

Thread Information