Smile please help!787 rfi maint flashing wont go out

I am working on a 787 2000 gtx RFI the maint .light is flashing I have tried re-setting it by procedure 20 times it goes off when ski is running,I reset pressing set button for 3 seconds it goes of then flashes english and comes back on.Ski starts and runs ok for a few minutes then after stopping it ,it becomes hard to start and rough running.I changed fuel,cleaned injectors and it seems to run better but very rough idle and dies.Question is first the maint. light on RFI seadoos is only for scheduled maint. correct?Or does it flash when rfi has problem???SEcond is there any known weaknesses with the RFI engine or electrics besides the voltage regulator going bad on early models,thanks in advance for your help>Marvin

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    The maint warning can't be reset on an have an engine fault. You'll need a handheld programmer or buds to read the code and track it down. My RFi had a flaky connection to the air pressure sensor and it took a handheld programmer to id the culprit.

Clean all the connectors around the air intake for starters, after checking for excessive or under battery voltage ( those have an lcd likely an engine sensor)

Thread Information