Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fuel/Electrical?????Advice

Would like to try and pin point my problem today with all the advice and support of this forum.
    2008 RXT-X
    Problem: No warning signs
    When you goto start the ski it takes a few times, it starts and instanly dies which it has never done before. When you get it started it sounds a little rough or even sometimes like you can hear a knock sound. When you goto pull the throttle sometimes it does Nothing, no response to pulling the throttle just idles. Sounds like maybe a fuel system or an electrical problem. Looking for some advice on what to check and how to check.

Thanks

I sure some of the experts out there get tired if giving out all their info. Maybe I should offer something like a $50.00 dollar reward to the first one that pin points my problem?

Compression check, how bad?
    #1 = 90
    #2 = 110
    #3 = 110

rechecked with another gauge
    #1 = 125
    #2 = 145
    #3 = 145

Banned User
    +1
    50 dolla dolla hmmm times are tuff sooooooo have you: checked the fuel psi? dirty/fouled plugs (its hard to tell they are fouled just change them) the no response when throttle pulled has me stumped. have you checked the cable? how about IC for water leaks? theres a few things to get you going. good luck!

Here are some things that have been done or checked.
    1. Pulled all fuel and replaced
    2. Changed spark plugs
    3. Yes throttle cable is working
    4. Pulled off IC hose going to TB just incase it had a leak and still ran the same
    5. Swaped out ECU
    6. Compression check listed in previous post
    7. Ground wires - ok

Coil stick? TB Sensor? Low Compression?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by T5Racing View Post
    Compression check, how bad?
    #1 = 90
    #2 = 110
    #3 = 110

Bad.......
    rechecked with another gauge
    #1 = 125
    #2 = 145
    #3 = 145
    Good....

Here are some things that have been done or checked.
    1. Pulled all fuel and replaced
    2. Changed spark plugs
    3. Yes throttle cable is working
    4. Pulled off IC hose going to TB just incase it had a leak and still ran the same
    5. Swaped out ECU
    6. Compression check listed in previous post
    7. Ground wires - ok

Coil stick? TB Sensor? Low Compression?

Bad injector????Try switching out your injectors..

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I sure some of the experts out there get tired if giving out all their info. Maybe I should offer something like a $50.00 dollar reward to the first one that pin points my problem?
    funny you mention that..I've gotten just a little bit miffed on people calling the shop, asking all sorts of questions, then asking me "how can I fix that without brining it in"

I'm thinking about adding a paypal link on my home page witha $25 charge for telephone consultations as cheesy as that is, it's actually starting to eat into my time and hurting some people as my blanket answer now is no advice and a "you'll have to bring it in, since there are too many things that can make "that" happen without having a look at it."

+1 on plugs, quick as easy fix..I'd also be checking for the engine being a quart or two overfilled. The engine compression ain't good..but that's another issue. Check for a bad ring or two by squirting some fogging oil into thelow cylinder and giving it another go..if it comes up a bit....the news isn't good....if it doesn't..leaky valve ( not great, butthe engine doesn't have to come out to fix that)

Oh yeah...I have a 2008 Yam vx 1100 in the shop that won't go voer 20knts..the guy brought it to his d(st)ealer and they hooked it up to thier computer, said there was nothing wrong with it and charged him $150 for the "diagnostic"..guess who has it now?

and Did I mention he commented that my labor rate was a bit high?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    +1 on plugs, quick as easy fix..I'd also be checking for the engine being a quart or two overfilled. The engine compression ain't good..but that's another issue. Check for a bad ring or two by squirting some fogging oil into thelow cylinder and giving it another go..if it comes up a bit....the news isn't good....if it doesn't..leaky valve ( not great, butthe engine doesn't have to come out to fix that)?
    Not trying to start any shit here Pete.And yes i know you have a shop..BUT how can quart or even two keep the ski from running??Ive seen skis run with up to 3 quarts of oil over filled..It doesnt RPM out worth a shit but it still runs no problem..Also he stated he changed the plugs so thats ruled out..And as far as his compression goes,YES number one cylinder isnt good BUT with that kinda of compression the ski will still run and RPM out no problem..Ive seen skis with a cylinders compressions down in the double digits and still run and RPM out..You could here it in the exhaust but it still ran...Im not saying your not right,Cause you probley know better than me,BUT I just dont think that cylinder is causing his engine not to run and flatten out..It sounds like he has some sort of fueling issue...JMO though..

Oil level is good.
    How do I check ?
    1. Coil Sticks- Have no spare one. Is there a way to check them?
    2. Fuel pressure....
    3. Injectors....
    4. TB Sensor

Thanks for the advice so far

How bad would it be to run the the ski with the one cylinder @125psi and the others @145psi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information