Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Is r1 reflas safe for stock motor

    Hello,

    I have stage one mods for my fzr. Keeping the stock boost, will raising the rpms hurt the motor in any way if I do the r1 reflash? Or should I keep things safe and stick with the stock rpms?


    Thanks


  2. #2
    Professional Alike Racer Clazz. Teerayoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Koa LumPoo!,Thailand
    Posts
    168
    Should be fine,
    you might install B1 or C1 wheel ,and ribbon removal for better performance wihtout any fuel tuning invole.

    I know you need to keep it simple,you select right path.

  3. #3
    I forgot to ask, what octane gas do you need for the r1?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    235
    +1
    1
    [QUOTE=sdman;1525000]Hello,

    I have stage one mods for my fzr. Keeping the stock boost, will raising the rpms hurt the motor in any way if I do the r1 reflash? Or should I keep things safe and stick with the stock rpms?


    Thanks[/QUOTE
    Are you running the stock prop?

  5. #5
    I have the 13/22r.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    235
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post
    I have the 13/22r.
    I just did the R1 and didnt see much. From what Ive learned and been told, the stock motor even with the reflash, just doesnt turn enough rpms to turn the 13/22 very well. If I were to put the stock prop back on, I would see more gains but I am going to put a C1 wheel in which will churn more rpms and turn the Solas just fine. R&D told me that 87 with the stock motor and R1 was fine but if I went with the C1 and the R1, I might want to go with 91. The R1 just allows you to do things like have higher boost and run higher rpms; it doesnt create them.

  7. #7
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    I just did the R1 and didnt see much. From what Ive learned and been told, the stock motor even with the reflash, just doesnt turn enough rpms to turn the 13/22 very well. If I were to put the stock prop back on, I would see more gains but I am going to put a C1 wheel in which will churn more rpms and turn the Solas just fine. R&D told me that 87 with the stock motor and R1 was fine but if I went with the C1 and the R1, I might want to go with 91. The R1 just allows you to do things like have higher boost and run higher rpms; it doesnt create them.
    i have very good results with the 13/22r with stock boost no flash @7700rpm, what rpms were you turning the 22r

  8. #8
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    i have very good results with the 13/22r with stock boost no flash @7700rpm, what rpms were you turning the 22r
    hey paul, have you veryfied on a pitch gauge that the solas prop is a tru 13/22? also have you measured your exit nozzle size?

    my stage 1 ski could only pull the 22 trailing edge to 7500 rpm's, its currently a 14/20, and its spot on.. also my exit nozzle checked in at 82.60 mm
    i suspect the guys turning the 13/22 to 7700 rpm's on a stage one have a slightly larger exit nozzle from the factory.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    235
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    i have very good results with the 13/22r with stock boost no flash @7700rpm, what rpms were you turning the 22r
    Ive only got the stock tach so I cant say for sure.

  10. #10
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    hey paul, have you veryfied on a pitch gauge that the solas prop is a tru 13/22? also have you measured your exit nozzle size?

    my stage 1 ski could only pull the 22 trailing edge to 7500 rpm's, its currently a 14/20, and its spot on.. also my exit nozzle checked in at 82.60 mm
    i suspect the guys turning the 13/22 to 7700 rpm's on a stage one have a slightly larger exit nozzle from the factory.
    on the gauge its a 21 not 22r...i thought they were all the same i.e 21's..guess not.. my nozzle is 82.40mm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. how much boost is to much on a stock motor?
    By gprenvy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-08-2016, 07:16 PM
  2. what afr is safe for a high boost motor
    By bscpaint in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 01:20 AM
  3. Best reflash for stock motor FZ?
    By PuprleNuprleGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 05:05 PM
  4. What is lowest temp safe for a Doo to be in?
    By rx4pain in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 10:42 AM
  5. which impellor is best for stock rxp
    By 1969camaro-rs in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •