+1

Need help finding a turbo seal

my friend has a 2005 sti with a reverse mount turbo. the kit was made in Australia. I lost the specs to the turbo im waiting for him to text me back when i get them ill post it. Im picking the car up tomorrow. him and his brother built the car but they just hit a dead end with it and im picking up the project to get it running again.

any way the turbo seal went and oil is getting into the engine. they no longer make the turbo they stopped making them back in 2006 or 2007 and we cant seem to find any one that has a seal. do you guys have any idea on a company that can make a custom seal for it or a place that might have one. if i cant get the the seal we are down to two options. Install all the stock parts back on the car (which he happend to keep) or install a new kit and from what he was looking at is 3500-4000 by the time we get done and he just doesn't have.

i know with out the turbo specs its kinda hard but ill have them by tonight. But if figured maybe you can point me in the right direction.

+1

+1
    Dimensions on the seal?

+1
    im not sure im learning more and more about this turbo and how it works. i have to pull the chra out still and ill take a micrometer to the shaft and housing and see what size they are its going to take me a few days.

this thing was a beast to get out took me all day and the intercooler had about quart of oil in it.

i got to get an oil pump in my car , do head gaskets on a truck, power steering pump in a durango and then this. soon as i can get some better specs i can post them.

+1
    just though u guys might be interested in an update.

so i got around to getting a place to tear this thing apart. apparently turbos have no seals they use equal pressures or something like that to keep the oil in. dont really know ill leave it to the experts to fix the turbo. Any way a chunk of something came out of the engine and hit the exhaust side of the turbo. We are speculation at this point that since i did a compression check and it has good compression that its a ring land and after doing some research this is a common problem on this particular car. so ill be tearing the engine apart this winter and rebuilding it.

Thread Information