ski wont rev above 3000 rpm on r12x

Hi guys was out on ocean today ski was running fine untill i slowed down and the ski now wont rev above 3000 rpm.No fault codes are showing and no f1 light.
    I have checked the wastegate solenoid and its fine also the wastegate actuator is not seized .The ski will rev out when on the trailor but in the water under load it wont .
    My diagnosis is something is stopping the ski from revving out under load electrically which is also not allowing the waste gate solenoid to allow any boost to be made i was trying this with the ski in the water on the trailor as i know the wastegate actuator doesnt move when not under load. Any help would be appreciated thanks Stevie W

+1
    Check to make sure your turbocharger hoses from the outlet to the intercooler are still connected. Buy a new set of plugs from Advanced Auto Parts.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Hose to the MAP sensor (on valve cover) will do that if not connected or bad.

Shawn

re 3000 rpm

Thanks for the replys Shawn another thing i have now noticed is that two engine mounts have broke allowing the engine to ride up and damage the connector where the macsboost plugs into the map sensor, i have since disconnected the macs boost module but this has made no difference i am now thinking the map sensor itself may be damaged but would that not show an f1 code.I am now back home and would like to cover all angles before i go back to my caravan which is over 100 miles away.I have read other posts which say too much oil and water in the air inlet could cause the same symptoms, again any further info would be much appreciated,Thanks again Shawn i have now ordered 4 engine mounts from ebay, Salt water is a killer for all things in the sea.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasman34 View Post
    Thanks for the replys Shawn another thing i have now noticed is that two engine mounts have broke allowing the engine to ride up and damage the connector where the macsboost plugs into the map sensor, i have since disconnected the macs boost module but this has made no difference i am now thinking the map sensor itself may be damaged but would that not show an f1 code.I am now back home and would like to cover all angles before i go back to my caravan which is over 100 miles away.I have read other posts which say too much oil and water in the air inlet could cause the same symptoms, again any further info would be much appreciated,Thanks again Shawn i have now ordered 4 engine mounts from ebay, Salt water is a killer for all things in the sea.
    The engine mounts have a tendency to corrode in the salt and then the rubber seperates. I had to replace two of mine also.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasman34 View Post
    i have since disconnected the macs boost module but this has made no difference i am now thinking the map sensor itself may be damaged
    I thought the mac chip plugged into the turbo pressure sensor? I only use stand alone ECU systems soo You will have to talk to him..about chips.

Regardless, if the "Map sensor" not the turbo pressure sensor is bad, It will do what you are describing as a problem with not allowing your ski to rev up without a code.

Shawn

Thread Information