Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    my ski has thrust vectoring......does yours??? killcraft's Avatar

gp1200 drools 785 rules!!!

ok guys i just finished rebuilding a gp1200r and i must say i am very unimpressed.!!! i mean so what if it goes faster its like driving a yacht. and it doesn't turn fast enough. ill take my 785 pro over it any day with its super quick steering and mean sound. oh and did i forget the break neck acceleration!!!! the gpr just feels like im driving a boat i dont even get wet!!! what fun is that????

+1
    Told you 785's are a BLAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    from another post i made somewhere hahahahah
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    the gpr is a dam aircraft carrier compared to the 785 ..i will get flamed for this but i hate the ride/feel of the gpr next to the pro
    if you can get 2 people on the pro - a fast wobble of the bars and your pass. will be doing cartwheels next to you...............
    +100 on the pro better than gpr
    Polaris football rules!!!!
    Pro785's rules!!!!

Whats even better but not more fun is a 1200 polaris in the 785 or a pro 1200 reminds me of the yamaha waveraider 1100I know another can of worms>Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by killcraft View Post
    ok guys i just finished rebuilding a gp1200r and i must say i am very unimpressed.!!! i mean so what if it goes faster its like driving a yacht. and it doesn't turn fast enough. ill take my 785 pro over it any day with its super quick steering and mean sound. oh and did i forget the break neck acceleration!!!! the gpr just feels like im driving a boat i dont even get wet!!! what fun is that????

my ski has thrust vectoring......does yours??? killcraft's Avatar
    i think the only thing i like better on the gpr is the storage space there actually is some thats kinda nice.

+1
    i think the only thing i like better on the gpr is the storage space there actually is some thats kinda nice.
    and the fuel economy

Try not to smile on a Jetski... GPRFrank's Avatar
    +1
    Wow Sorry to hear about your disapointment. Is the GPR stock? Sponsons? Nozzle? plate?

I agree.

I had a 1997 PRO 785, bought it brand new (1st season out) and ran it for 3 seasons.

Problem is I ride the sometimes rough waters of Lake Michigan and that made for a rough ride on the PRO.

In 2001 I purchased a brand new 1200 GPR, what a dog! Like driving a 1959 Cadillac with low air pressure in the tires.

Installed a Riva Stage 2 kit, great rough water boat, but disappointed in the handling, lotta days I still miss that PRO.

Take a ride on a REAL GPR Look at my user name...and my GPR is hands down, the best ski I've ever had...used to ride a Pro1200 triple piper as well. A Pro hull would have me worn out in no time, with the water I ride. Really depends on what type of ride you're looking for I guess...I too, used to think the GPR hull was a whale, and unenjoyable...just needed to get used to the feel...then I saw the light

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNut View Post
    Take a ride on a REAL GPR Look at my user name...and my GPR is hands down, the best ski I've ever had...used to ride a Pro1200 triple piper as well. A Pro hull would have me worn out in no time, with the water I ride. Really depends on what type of ride you're looking for I guess...I too, used to think the GPR hull was a whale, and unenjoyable...just needed to get used to the feel...then I saw the light
    thats what he's saying he likes to ride it not just sit on it ,I ride the Matrix at 70 and i can hold on with one hand and just cruz i ride my 785 in the same water at 68 and you better hold on because if you don't your ass is DONE ,he's a stand up rider so he enjoys more of the riding aspect of it and the GPR will never handle like a 785

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information