Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RXT-X Vibration in water under throttle. Idle and out of water OK. Pump bearing??

Hey guys.. 88 hours on my X. Put it away running fine last weekend, Starts fine this weekend. Idling out of harbour, when i punch it, it vibrates like crazy and has no power, will not get on plane even though RPMs are high. Checked for debris in pump, none. Wear ring appears to be fine. Supercharger i checked, it is ok. No debris or water in oil. All hoses are tight. I am suspecting pump bearing seized since it happened while it was sitting in my garage all week? Would a pump bearing give these symptoms? It seems to rev freely and no major vibrations out of water. Plugs changed, coils checked, all OK. Motor SOUNDS proper.
    Thanks for the help..

+1
    have you crawled underneath and shon a tourch up the scoop grate, some people miss a rag or wood jammend in the pump?

+1
    Did you actually pull the pump???If Not there may be some debris stuck between the blades...Also Hows your carbon seal????This will cause cavitation under acceleration if its going bad

Checked, definitely no debris in the impeller. I ride in fairly deep water, no rocks or weeds - all sand lake. Wear ring is mint i have never let it suck up sand or anything. It confuses me because itwas runnign fine when I put it away then next ride it immediately did this. Its not cavitating.. its severely vibrating, and will not get past about 20 mph at full throttle/ rpms. Thats what is making me think a bearing of some sort seized while it was sitting for a week. Going to take it apart some more tomorrow. Anyone else who has had similar experience feel free to add something i can check! Is a pump bearing hard to change or where is it.. have never had a pump apart on a ski?

+1
    Cant see a bearing seizing from only sitting a week..To be honost with you i havent really heard of many pump bearing going bad in theses skis...Didi you check your motor mounts??See if one has come loose??You engine may be mis-aligned too..this will cause a vibration in the drive line...Also when you pull your pump check your prop for a broken or cracked blade...

+1
    Canadian there is something in your pump!!!!!! Take it off if you can't see it but its there, it only has to be a little peice of wood 1" long to do what you are experiancing but it will take you down for sure. ITS IN THERE, I AM TELLIN YA!!!!!!!

i have had a bottle cap stuck on my prop and stop me dead

Ok lol will check the impeller maybe there is something jammed in between the blades I cant see. A motor mount is a good possibility.. I was thinking about that today.. I do ride it in rough water 80% of the time. could be loose or broken.

+1
    Nope its not your motor mount, you would still be able to get up on plane and go more than 20 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Nope its not your motor mount, you would still be able to get up on plane and go more than 20 mph.
    Ok.. I did notice there was quite a bit of milky oil (watery) in the intake hose to the supercharger. Alot more then when I had the charger off over the winter. Not sure what may be the cause of this... little concerned as to why so much oil is somehoe getting into the intake BEOFRe it even goes thru the S/C to the intercooler.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information