Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Polaris TXI fuel pressure regulator

I know there is another post about this, have read it, but no one appears to be replying to posts on it anymore.

I have a couple of 2001 Virage TXI skis I picked up used and one of them suddenly wouldnt start. Found the fuel pressure regulator laying in the bottom of pump as described in the article. The suggested repair techniques look like they will work just fine, but wondered if anyone had tried using the inline regulator from a Kawasaki injected ski?

I was given a 2000 Kawasaki 1100 STX DI injected ski that had been sunk. The engine is very similar in CC to the Polaris, has same basic injection setup, same number of cylinders and calls for the same fuel pressures as the TXI. But, instead of its regulator being inside the tank, it uses an inline regulator just after the injectors. Has anyone tried one of these on the Polaris? Rather than risk having another failure of the stock setup was considering trying one of these regulators. They only cost around $25.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    We do monitor the Tech section threads

I have not tried it, but the Kawasaki pressure regulator method should work. Install it between the schrader valve tee and the fuel tank return fitting, not between the injectors and the schrader valve.

I would appreciate it if you could post some photos of the result, and the part number of the Kawasaki pressure regulator.

Be sure to check the resulting fuel pressure.

I will get the part ordered today and take photos after I get it installed. The part number is Kawasaki 16162-3701, depending on the source it appears to be between $22 and $25.

+1

Arrow Kawasaki 16162-3701 inline pressure regulator, alternative repair of Ficht fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    ...The part number is Kawasaki 16162-3701, depending on the source it appears to be between $22 and $25.
    The Kawasaki 16162-3701 inline pressure regulator does look like it should work as an alternative to repairing the internal pressure regulator on the Poalris Ficht fuel pump.

You will need to confirm that the Kawi regulator nipple diameters will fit into the 6.4mm hose diameter that Polaris uses on the Ficht engines.

Caution: If the Polaris fuel pump was ever replaced or repaired in the future, then you would have TWO pressure regulators in series, and the fuel pressure would jump towards 50PSI, which the fuel pump cannot deliver.

I would clearly label the Kawasaki regulator install so another repair tech can understand what has been done, and why.

Last edited by K447; 07-28-2014 at 11:29 AM.

+1
    Other Kawasaki parts that can be used on the Polaris Ficht fuel injected engines

Kawasaki # ------- Polaris #
    Fuel injector fuel line o-rings
    92055-3758 (outlet) 5411599 O-Ring, DFI Fitting, Small
    92055-3759 (inlet) 5411601 O-Ring, DFI Fitting, Large

Regulator I ordered did not come in yet, and turns out Kawasaki engine is blown, so just stole the regulator off of it for now. Regulator fits perfect in the lines. Be forewarned, the regulator has harpoon barbs on it and is virtually impossible to get back out of hose once it is installed. Short of slitting the line open it wont come back out. Tested pressure under cranking and had 22.3 PSI.

Will try to figure out how to post photo.

+1
    ...Will try to figure out how to post photo.
    Reply using Advanced Mode, scroll down to Manage Attachments button

+1
    ...Kawasaki ... regulator ... fits perfect in the lines.

...the regulator has harpoon barbs on it and is virtually impossible to get back out of hose once it is installed.

...Tested pressure under cranking and had 22.3 PSI...
    Is there an arrow on the Kawasaki regulator showing fuel flow direction?

Looks like a tidy solution to the problem

Unfortunately no, there is no arrow on the regulator, at least on the one I have. There is a groove machined around it on one end that goes closest to the injectors. Is easy enough to figure out with an air compressor and blower nozzle. Air will only flow through it in one direction.
    Last edited by K447; 04-13-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information