Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1

    With a X charger will I need?

    I have a 07 RXP, here is how it sits now, 4" Kana intake with a Spectre filter, Green Wheel super charger, Pirhana IC, 42# injecters, Jerrys water box, through hull exhaust, Riva grate, Riva Wedge, and a 15/20 impeller. Will I need to run a Riva RRFPR if I go to the X charger?


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Yep... or run a fuel controller.

  3. #3
    cliff717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    148
    i have almost same setup on my 04 and 100% needed a rrfpr. i would get a wideband to dial it in.

  4. #4
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff717 View Post
    i would get a wideband to dial it in.
    +1 Might as well toss in a Walbro fuel pump as well... as the OEM pump doesn't hold up very well with higher fuel pressures.

  5. #5
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    Walbro and RRFPR? My 06 I'm running that setup, I have a LM1 to actually set it, but once I set it, its never deviated, I'm just thinking of going with a X instead of rebuilding the green wheel charger this winter.

  6. #6
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Several people... including myself had problems with the OEM fuel pump not rising at all with the addition of a RRFPR. My only advice is to make sure that it does rise properly, and monitor your fuel pressure and-or a/f ratio from time to time.

  7. #7
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Several people... including myself had problems with the OEM fuel pump not rising at all with the addition of a RRFPR. My only advice is to make sure that it does rise properly, and monitor your fuel pressure and-or a/f ratio from time to time.
    My stock pump is fine but that is with 48lb bosch injectors with key pressure @57lbs Idle pressure right at 50lbs. I will be upgrading this winter just for piece of mind though.

    Do not let the RRFPR scare you bro. I felt that way initially and was shocked how easy it was to set up. Dont waste your money on a controller either just get a good RRFPR.

  8. #8
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    My stock pump is fine but that is with 48lb bosch injectors with key pressure @57lbs Idle pressure right at 50lbs. I will be upgrading this winter just for piece of mind though.
    Well... your pretty much running stock fuel pressure at WOT then, maybe a few pounds over. With my set-up at the time... my OEM pump was cranked up to 70 key on... and dropped 4-6 psi at WOT

  9. #9
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Well... your pretty much running stock fuel pressure at WOT then, maybe a few pounds over. With my set-up at the time... my OEM pump was cranked up to 70 key on... and dropped 4-6 psi at WOT
    the bosch 48's must flow good I guess lol. I have the boost reference line attached but where my gauge is at there is no way I can see it WOT.

  10. #10
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    the bosch 48's must flow good I guess lol. I have the boost reference line attached but where my gauge is at there is no way I can see it WOT.
    Bosch injectors do flow very well... more than any other injector that I have run! Where's your idle a/f at

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with 1989 Waverunner 650 , will not start ...
    By cw_mi in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 12:08 PM
  2. x charger with et137 on stock 215 engine!!!! need advice
    By pedruko in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 02:39 PM
  3. What will I need to do?
    By boataddict in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 12:11 PM
  4. Will I need a new rideplate?
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 06:14 PM
  5. Will I need a new impeller?
    By Cody Townsend in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •