Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

what good's a warranty if you can turn a wrench?

I'm going to try my best to stick to the facts and be as fair and unbiased as possible. To their credit, the Riva Service advisers have been sympathetic and helpful to my needs... here goes:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	210430

The first time I left my Fx Sho at Riva Motor Sports in Pompano Beach, FL for warranty work to address an oil leak between the oil sump pan & block, they charged me $106 for their time and assured me that it categorically was not leaking but rather possibly the oil I had been mopping up was left over from the first oil change done by a different dealer (not Riva). As soon as I got the ski home however, I noticed the same oil seepage at the exact spot I'd shown the Riva mechanic with an inspection mirror. I wanted this problem corrected before I installed stage 2+ but after a call to the assistant manager at Riva Service, I was assured that if they could "officially confirm" the oil leak even after the stage 2 install plus pwr IC/HKS, that they would "take care of it" AND "refund the original $106, If not...no charge." I was torn because I felt I could make this repair in 1-2 days tops if it's ONLY a matter of resealing the sump pan but then again...I also wanted my money back, damn it! It's now day 5 since I grudgingly left the ski with Riva for the second time. They have finally "officially confirmed" the oil leak but want to charge me $200+tax for extra labor related to removal & install of the pwr IC. After an ensuing spirited discussion, Riva has now agreed to absorb those costs....We will see and I'm wondering now how long they'll keep the ski. I'll keep ya"ll posted,
    b

So, they are (were) going to charge you to remove THEIR product? That's not right. And, $50 would have been more like it to begin with. Just how long does it take to remove the I/C and especially by a Riva Pro? Hell, drunk I could do it in 30-45 minutes.

One of their "options" was to let me take the ski home so I could remove the IC then drag the damn thing back to them...HA, I have more time discussing this repair with them than any cost difference in labor. It's the time and gas I've spent dragging this thing back and forth that bothers me the most, I should have never taken it for warranty work in the first place.

+1
    And I'm the jackass that bought the five year Y.E.S. warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Gotta love a salesman
    I personally rarely buy a warranty. Due to liability and other legal crud stuff is pretty well made to begin with. If shyte happens after mdding I'll deal with it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Gotta love a salesman
    I personally rarely buy a warranty. Due to liability and other legal crud stuff is pretty well made to begin with. If shyte happens after mdding I'll deal with it.
    Yep. I NEVER buy a warranty (except this time). No salesman either. Was part of my RFQ--'09 FZS, cover and the warranty...

Didn't know I would be addicted to modding her.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    And I'm jackass #2

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    And I'm jackass #2
    #3 here..... big time!

Still can't figure out why I took that extended warranty when I knew right from the start the ski would turn into something totally outrageous in the eyes of my local dealer.... oh well...

+1
    Jackass #4 here. Wish I had that g-note back about now. Oh, well...my $360 ext warranty on my GPR paid for about 4 grand in parts & labor, so I guess I'm still ahead. I tried to get Riva to cover a $25 rideplate insert on the SHO after the tip broke on one while removing the plate. They told me to go pound sand because I was the one who removed the bolt.

+1
    I am still glad I did NOT take the warranty. Pump bearings were replaced once under the included 1 year warranty.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information