Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

94 sl 650 performence parts?????

i just bought this 94 sl 650 where can i buy a exzaust and stuff like that i cant find any where on the net that carrys perfomence parts for this thing do they still make them or will i only find luck with finding used parts? also where can i buy a new wear ring? any help will be good thanks. also what are some good upgrades to do to this thing this is my first ski and its 100% stock runs great has 120 psi on all three cylinders

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

It's not what you're going to want to hear, but you'll be wasting alot of $$$ trying to make the 650 faster. If you want to go faster, the cheapest way is to get a ski with a bigger engine.

Not to say there aren't some things you can do within reason, but don't expect HUGE gains.

What kind of water are you going to be normally riding on? smooth or rough

Do you ride 1 or 2 people normally?

Have any of the recommended upgrades been done to the fuel system to keep the ski reliable?

Are you mechanically inclined and have a good assortment of tools?

Oh, and to answer your Q, no you won't find many new performance parts. Most will be used with some exceptions.

i can do all the work myself have tons of tools this is my first ski but not my first toy i guess you can say. im just lookin for some little thigns to do to make it some what faster. i know it has knew fuel lines about all the guy said he chaged i know of he didnt own it long also tho. he had like 5 skis. i know alot about motors like i say i have a 06 polaris 800 atv all big and bad a honda atv muscle cars etc. i just got this thing for close to nothing im not trying to race it really or anyhting i ride smooth water rivers fresh water. i only paid 200 for the thing and traded a 302 v8 engine for it so its all fun for me really. i am going to custom paint the thing myself and jsut wanted to hop it up a little i do paint and body work for a living so it will look really sweet soon just dont like having anyhting with a stock motor really

also im not scared to spend money id rather have something custom then something brand new kind of person. so any ideas like motor or jet wise would be helpful like i say first ski im loving the thing even tho its far from the fastest out.

+1
    First thing would be upgrade the fuel system. TONS of info about it is found in here. That'll keep it reliable and should ward off any potential engine problems.

Smooth water/river riding:

Look into a new/used extended ride plate (a SLX or Ocean Pro "R" plate comes to mind) should be able to find one for around $30-75 depending...

Look for a 2 or 3 degree pump wedge. (you'll need 2 slightly longer bolts too) for the jet pump. It'll get the hull out of the water and gain you a little more speed. (but will also increase porpoising problems on rough water)

Performance reeds are always a nice little boost. If you go this route, see if you can get a set of reed spacers and the bolts at a decent price too.

Better Flame Arrestor than stock will help with a little more top end.

NOTE: those last 2 mods may require a little adjusting of the carbs to compensate for the added air flow.

You can try a different exhaust, but will definately need to adj carbs for that. (not just a little bit either)

I was going to say if the top end was a little low on compression and needs rebuilt, you can install a 750 or a 780 top end with a few more mods and get substantial HP gains. (they all use the same bottom end)

650cc = 68 HP (roughly 44-46 MPH)

750cc = 80 HP (roughly 48-50 MPH)

780cc = 92+ HP (roughly 52-54 MPH)

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lxman88 View Post
    also I'm not scared to spend money...
    Welcome to the Hulk

How much money are you not scared to spend?

You can do custom modifications and upgrades on almost any machine, of course. The biggest bang for the buck with these PWC involves a strong starting point. A moderately breathed on large engine is going to provide more power, and more reliability, than a heavily modified small engine.

As Xlint suggested, you can install larger cylinders (and related parts) on your Fuji crankcase. The power will be similar to the stock Polaris models that came with those motors.

Polaris shifted to larger displacement, and more powerful, red 'domestic' engines starting in 1996. The 1050cc engines are real screamers (120HP rated) , and the larger '1200' engine has lots of torque and HP (135HP rated). More power is possible with modifications.

The biggest power output in Polaris PWC comes from the triple exhaust piped 1200 engines (some claim 200+ HP), and from the very custom 'conversion' machines, usually with a SeaDoo 4-Tec supercharged engine inside.

so to change it to a 780 all i need is the slleves and pistons correct and re jet carbs? or will i need bigger carbs if im correct the 650 comes with 38 mm carbs is that correct? also lets say i want to swap mortors to like say a 1050cc what about like the pipes and stuff will all that still fit in this hull or are we talkin id have to have a fully custom exzaust drive shaft etc etc made. i could fiberglass motor mounts and stuff myself im not scared to spend money like i say but im not going to go threw the trouble of trying to find someone to build me custom parts id like to keep it to things i can do in my garage. so would my best bet just going to the 780cc pistons and i found a power lite pipe for 100 on e bay is this a good exzaust? so a good set of v force reeds should do me good also to right. do the make high compression pistons for this thing i mena at 70 dollars a piston id like to maybe go ahead and find all the parts to go to a 780 what all parts would i need to track down to do this? ill start off with this if i dont like it maybe a motor swap. if i could get this thing up close to 60 like 57 58 i would be satisfied

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    xlint has stuffed a 780 engine into his 750 hull. The 780 exhaust is different from the 750/650, so you would need to match that with the 780 cylinders.

It is even more work to install a red domestic engine into a Fuji engined hull. Really, if you want substantially more speed and power, consider selling your running 650 and buying a model with a bigger motor. That is often the most cost effective method. In addition, you get a newer hull design.

i will buy a bigger ski in a few months but i dought ill sell this one its paid for why sell it i can mess with it hear and there. so is the 780 bottom end the same as the 650? or just the 750 is the same? also what are some good ski to get my buddy has a sea doo its yellow and black not sure what model its like a 07 model i know it hall a** tho he only paid 3 grand used to is it hard to find a deal like that or is it common with skis?

+1
    I actually have a complete 780 kit that I'm selling.

But, you will need to have the cyls bored for the .5mm oversized pistons.

To make it work on your 650, you'll also want a 750 or 780 elec stator and flywheel.

You'll need to rejet the carbs, and swap the impeller too.

That should get you around the 52-54 MPH range.

Like K447 mentioned, the easiest way to go faster is to buy a ski with a bigger engine.

A 780 is th largest engine you can EASILY get into that hull. You COULD get another engine fabbed to fit, but will take alot of work, and skis are plentiful and getting cheaper as you get closer to winter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information