got beat again wtf

my ski : 2002 stx1200r ok so over the winter i decided to install and a 14/24 prop and a skiworx stinger mod. the ski also has an r&d intake grate.

here we go last year i ran my friend with a bone stock rxp we were next to each other the whole time. later in the season i put the r&d grate one cuz i ride alot of rough water and do alot of ocean riding. after that install he pulls on me maybe lost 1mph from the grate.

now today i ran him and outta the hole i whip his ass but he still catches me and pulls away at the same rate. not sure if something is wrong with my ski or if that 14/24 is just to much prop maybe the solas 13/21 would be better for a near stock engine ????? also thinking about gettin an r&d plate for the ski but not sure at this point since my gpr will be water ready within the next week.

btw i ment the 15/21 by solas, anybody have any info about other props they have tried. im even thinkin about gettina set of oem milled heads.

sickkkkk guesss nobody has any input for me here thumbs up for the kawasaki side of this forum.

16/20 or a modded stocker is best for your set up from what i hear.

Not for a stxr! The ultra and stxr use different pumps. Check out johnny's thread in the project section. He did some top speed testing and posted the setups and results. I can tell you what to do motor wise im just not familiar with what to do with plates' grate and prop on the stxr.

+1
    I spoke with Johhny before I did some things to my 2003 STXR i put the Skat 14/24R on mine along with a R&D ride plate and also put the 15F exit and steering nozzle on seemed to wake up the ski.

my bad i though the ultra a stxr had the same pump learned something today.

+1
    The R&D grate is pretty agressive for a stock ski I dont even use one on my race ski. The worx is more then enough and let the hull do the rest of the work. And also sorry to say if the water is calm or just ripples the rxp will get ya on top end. Remember they are a true 66-67 out of the box. You started at 61-62. With mods maybe 63-64 in optimum conditions. Like I said the grate is over kill. Worx or stock mod grate.
    And if ya want the most seal it all and match the ride plate to your hull for the most benifit.

hey jonny i got the ride plate and what a difference it made, was really shocked. the first fitting wasnt bad took it back off addressed the problem areas and fits nice now, i also have a worx grate going in tomorrow and im sure ill see some definite gains with it cuz just looking at the grates side by side the r&d is very aggresive. now when my ski was totally stock that rxp was maybe 1mph faster i only went with the r&d cuz in jersey the bays are very rough we have about 1-2ft chop all the time so basicly when i set up my ski for speed im always thinkin set it up to get the most out of rough water not smooth water like most of the people on this forum do and then are so disappointed when they dont get the results they r looking for. your info with the 15f nozzle helped also, i noticed alot more bottom and midrange with it .

+1
    Nice Im glad the nozzle helped....in rough it really helps. Plus with the R&D plate in rough water if you racing another guy stay in a attack position like up front some because of porpoise you wanna stay hooked up. and leaning back or streching back wont help. In smooth yea but not rough.

Thread Information