Question 2003 GP1300r lost low end power...

Hey everybody! I was at the lake a few weeks ago, and the ski kept overheating on me. I checked everything I could while at the lake, and even though I had no low oil warning light, I added about a half gallon of oil. Since then I have not had the overheating issue, but Im wondering if these two issues are related...

Last weekend, I went out again, and the ski had VERY low power out of the hole... No cavitation or anything, simply because the motor took too long to get the revvs up. Once the ski is on the water and planing (about 10 seconds...FOREVER) it still has power issues, only tops out at about 55ish, and when I would jump wakes, the ski would bog down once it landed back in the water again.

I have a Riva Intake Grate, Pump Seal Kit, Ride Plate, and trim tabs.. stock motor. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, only a few more weeks of good riding!!

Pull the plugs and inspect. Replace if they are fouling out. Might be time for a D plate too.

replaced the plugs, took it out today, and same thing.. hardly any power at low end. So, checking the cat is next? or do I just get rid of the cat

Gainesville, Ga.. Lake Lanier ....... 2006 FXHO Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by firestoned View Post
    replaced the plugs, took it out today, and same thing.. hardly any power at low end. So, checking the cat is next? or do I just get rid of the cat
    For less than $100.00...D plate and resistor....you can run any oil you want... Catalitic Converters are about $1000.00....Yamalude "S" is good.....

Bill

thanks for the info. Is now a good time to order the free flow exhaust too? without a controller, is it going to mess with anything?

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...0Exhaust%20Kit

Thread Information