+1

RXPX steering question would a RXTX steering cable do this?

I converted my 07 RXP over to a RXPX steering setup, when I installed the cable I didnt think much about it at the time but it was about 2 feet longer or so than the original RXP steering cable I took out, now when I turn hard left the handle bars are a little off to the left, when I go right well their off a little to the right? Not as bad as the left but still off. Now I have recentered everything, rechecked all my measurements to make sure its centered (bars and pump) checked to make sure all the connections were tight and no missing or worn parts. I even checked my methods on my RXPX to make sure and I'm doing it right as per the manula. That said if I had a steering cale for a RXTX being thats its what at least a foot and a half longer, would it cause these problems?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Why did you replace your original cable All you've got to do is add the X ball joint on the handle bar end of the original cable when converting to the X steering. However... an overall longer cable shouldn't cause any issues. Does the steering assembly itself hit the hard stop in either direction... are you running a wedge, or pump extention

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Why did you replace your original cable All you've got to do is add the X ball joint on the handle bar end of the original cable when converting to the X steering. However... an overall longer cable shouldn't cause any issues. Does the steering assembly itself hit the hard stop in either direction... are you running a wedge, or pump extention
    Well, I didnt know then what I know now? I dont know, I wish I knew, worst part is I threw the old one out.....grrrrrrrrrr. Yes I'm running a wedge, all my P's even the PX are setup the same, this one didnt start this untill I put the X steering setup, It hits both stops like its supposed to, no pump extension, it just seems sloppy, like theres some play, but I sure cant figure it out, the new cable I agree shouldnt do it, but its the only thing different of the 3. The new steering cable does lay quite a ways up the side of the hull, also. It does everything just like its supposed to, hell you wouldnt know anything was wrong until you ride, and than turn.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Hmmmmmm...... do you think that maybe under load of the thrust when riding the ski that the cable housing maybe shifting somewhere when attempting to turn Just thinking out loud here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Hmmmmmm...... do you think that maybe under load of the thrust when riding the ski that the cable housing maybe shifting somewhere when attempting to turn Just thinking out loud here.
    Thats what I'm wondering if it moved would it cause this problem?

Thread Information