+1

Raider 760 Ride Plate

Have done my research, talked to countless people but still need just a bit more input or suggestions/comments. Got a 760 which I've had since the day it was released. Haven't done many mods which include arrestors, reeds valvees, Riva Intake grate and the primer.

Now I ordered the extended nozzle from Protec and the ride plate (which I understand is shorter). My question is, will I still be able to control this beast in chop (not talking tsunami conditions)?

I've got great skill level with this craft over the years with the porpoising problem becoming not only a great work out on the body but something I feel I've gotten pretty damn good at controlling.

Basically, will I regret the ride plate pickup? I'm all for the increased speed but living in South Florida I'm not seeing a lot of glass type conditions. Hope to hear back from you guys and glad to be part of the forum.

P.S. Any opinions on sponsons as well. Won't be doing them anytime soon but just never got around to it. Opinions welcome.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    A shorter ride plate sounds like disaster to me. However, I could be wrong.

+1
    Kind of not what I wanted to hear but I guess experimentation is the best scenario here. If it forces the Raider to become even worse then I always have the option to go back to the stock plate. The only reason why I ask is cause the guy at Protec (I know they obviously want to push there product) said the plate would be fine for chop.

Others, after searching the board, have said the rise in the front from this plate helps keep this beast stable. Listen, I know this is an old school craft meant for speed but I sure as hell don't want to go backwards in the handling department. Thanks for the help guys because I value the information.

+1
    I used to have a Pro-tec plate on my 1100 Raider and it was an asset, but your boat is much lighter so I can only suppose that it may porpoise more but will for sure give you a better top speed.

The sponsons will help keep you from blowing (or spinning) out during competitive turning (racing), and to a degree will help in straight line tracking. They will not compensate for the nose hunting that the Raider is known for. They will also slow you down vs the stocker sponsons.

+1
    salty,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I kind of figured that there's no major solution to changing the way this thing just wants to bow hunt. No biggie, not getting rid of this machine so I'll just have to make due. I'm used to the way she wants to bow hunt in chop anyway just trying to squeeze the last bit of customizing I can get. Thanks again for the help guys.

Thread Information