Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AFR's With B1,R2,NO powershot,no fuel pressure regulator.....

I did some testing yesterday with the B1, R2 with no powershot or fuel pressure regulator.

The AFR's were OK until the rpms reached the 8400 mark. Anything past that was 12.1-12.3 up to about 8560 WOT.
    I plan to repitch the prop to bring Revs down to around 8300 to see if the AFRs are less than 12. Is this a possibility to achieve or am I just wishing? Certainly worth a try in my opinion....

I am currently dealing with heat indexes of 101-113 at times. When the weather cools off I suspect that I will definintely need more fuel.

what prop u turning?

ian

Stock repitch.

pitched to what mate?

Im not really sure the exact pitch but about one degree less than stock on the trailing edge.
    Last edited by OutlawGPR; 08-18-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: r

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    When the weather cools off I suspect that I will definintely need more fuel.
    Yep.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    I did some testing yesterday with the B1, R2 with no powershot or fuel pressure regulator.

The AFR's were OK until the rpms reached the 8400 mark. Anything past that was 12.1-12.3 up to about 8560 WOT.
    I plan to repitch the prop to bring Revs down to around 8300 to see if the AFRs are less than 12. Is this a possibility to achieve or am I just wishing? Certainly worth a try in my opinion....

I am currently dealing with heat indexes of 101-113 at times. When the weather cools off I suspect that I will definintely need more fuel.
    12.1 to 12.3 is perfect for now but once it cools down you will need to add more fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    12.1 to 12.3 is perfect for now but once it cools down you will need to add more fuel.
    I was also want to repitch up to get the thing away from 8500+. It turned 8640 cold.

Now if I could just solve the holeshot spinning I would be extremely happy. Will the skat prop get me more holeshot and top speed over the stock prop? Or can the Solas be made to hook up off the bottom?

More more thing. At speed with the VX plate and .080 under the front holes the boat is very "side to side" and squirrely. Reminds me of the Ultra 150 at 75+.....The plate has no mods other than the shims. Plan to send it to Jim this winter!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    I agree, assuming that the LC-1 is dead nuts accurate. I've heard reports that it can, and usually does, read a bit on the rich side, so just be aware. I hope once I get my ski all dialed in to go out and test with a buddy's very expensive wideband setup and see how it's readings compare to the LC-1's. If any of you guys wants to try a back to back with a "better" wideband setup, I would encourage you to try it. Could prove some very useful info for people trying to tune their own setups.

Here is one sure way to tell if you are lean besides reading your plugs. Being a little lean will cause you to lose RPM. You can try richening it up, one little setting at a time with the powershot, and if you gain RPMs, then you were probably a little on the lean side. Keep richening it up one setting at a time on the powershot unit you stop gaining RPM, and then go back to the setting previous to that.

Remember, if it's super hot outside and you don't have a good IC and good cooling system, another way to cool down the motor is with more fuel.

Now if I could just solve the holeshot spinning I would be extremely happy. Will the skat prop get me more holeshot and top speed over the stock prop? Or can the Solas be made to hook up off the bottom?
    This is a good question for Jim as I think he probably has the most experience with dynaflys on these skis.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    I was also want to repitch up to get the thing away from 8500+. It turned 8640 cold.

More more thing. At speed with the VX plate and .080 under the front holes the boat is very "side to side" and squirrely. Reminds me of the Ultra 150 at 75+.....The plate has no mods other than the shims. Plan to send it to Jim this winter!
    A skat will be a good all around impeller the solas is faster but it will cavitate more, With my mod on the VX plate when modding the center riding surface it gets rid of the side to side motion and is not squirrely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information