Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Does anyone actually have a R3 yet?

If yes please let us know how it works.

Specifically I am curious what is required with with the R3 and a high boost wheel (17 lbs or higher) to get fuel correct. Using Powershot? Rising Rate? Fuel Pressure? Larger Injectors? etc?

Professional Alike Racer Clazz. Teerayoot's Avatar
    I want to know also.

Installed and running. The R&D instructions call for RRFPR set at 40 lbs w/ 1 to 1 rising rate. Cruise and momentary WFO had acceptable AFR and were pretty much exactly where R&D states they would be in their instructions. I may lower the pressure to lean out idle and play with the powershot to fine tune. It hauls out of the box in my boat though.

Professional Alike Racer Clazz. Teerayoot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wb1205 View Post
    Installed and running. The R&D instructions call for RRFPR set at 40 lbs w/ 1 to 1 rising rate. Cruise and momentary WFO had acceptable AFR and were pretty much exactly where R&D states they would be in their instructions. I may lower the pressure to lean out idle and play with the powershot to fine tune. It hauls out of the box in my boat though.
    Hi wb1201,

How much top speed and accellation ?
    You also have Skat TwinProps installed,is it reduce or remove cativation completly,or incur any top speed?.

I might install TwinProps or go to 160mm linear.

Please share your work wb1205 ^^

I have not GPS's it yet but it was good for 76 before my upgrades and it has got to be 80+ because it is significant and a bit hairy. I can still burn the props from a standstill and full squeeze of the throttle. Going to have the prop tweaked to fully eliminate cav. It accels stupid fast. Sorry no specifics yet but will post when I do.

+1
    What is the A/F at idle? Honestly as long as it is idling smoothly, and pulls from an idle without hesitation, I wouldn't mess with it. Idle A/F is not that important as long as it runs smoothly.

It was 9.9 - 10 at idle. Boat runs just a tad rough both before and after the R3 down low so I am considering seeing what happens if I lean it out a bit . Other than that, all I can say is this combo digs and pulls hard really hard. Obviously the standalone ECU guys enjoy this already but to plug & play while maintaining stock functions - I am very impressed. Other than that, I need to tweak the prop to get rid of all cavitation. R&D already knows what bend would help with my specific build. Just want to make the end of season on this clutch. On the top end there is more speed than I need.

+1
    It was 9.9 - 10 at idle. Boat runs just a tad rough both before and after the R3 down low so I am considering seeing what happens if I lean it out a bit . Other than that, all I can say is this combo digs and pulls hard really hard. Obviously the standalone ECU guys enjoy this already but to plug & play while maintaining stock functions - I am very impressed. Other than that, I need to tweak the prop to get rid of all cavitation. R&D already knows what bend would help with my specific build. Just want to make the end of season on this clutch. On the top end there is more speed than I need.

Did you use race gas with r3 ecu ????thanks
    it was 9.9 - 10 at idle. Boat runs just a tad rough both before and after the r3 down low so i am considering seeing what happens if i lean it out a bit . Other than that, all i can say is this combo digs and pulls hard really hard. Obviously the standalone ecu guys enjoy this already but to plug & play while maintaining stock functions - i am very impressed. Other than that, i need to tweak the prop to get rid of all cavitation. R&d already knows what bend would help with my specific build. Just want to make the end of season on this clutch. On the top end there is more speed than i need.

Super 93 octane

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information