Moderated

Talking 2003 model GPR hull specs

Hi

I am very new to the joys of owning a ski and I want to get a dolly made up for my 03 model GP1200R (i thought it a good starting point for a first ski )

I got a trailer with it but where i am keeping it makes a trailer kind of impracticle so i am going to get a dolly made up for it to get it down to the water as i dont want to spend upwards of 1000AUD on a pre made one.

I am hoping someone here has already done this and can assist me with the measurements of the hull/ski so i can make sure the dolly will hold my new baby in place.

can anyone shed some accuate light on these measurements?

thanks
    Last edited by izz0; 10-18-2006 at 06:15 AM.

+1
    Welcome to the Forum

+1

Moderated
    thank you and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    Hi

I am very new to the joys of owning a ski and I want to get a dolly made up for my 03 model GP1200R (i thought it a good starting point for a first ski )

thanks
    want some more EXCITEMENT?!?! you bought a 1300, so now you have an extra 100 CCs of RAW POWER!!!!!!!

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1300 View Post
    want some more EXCITEMENT?!?! you bought a 1300, so now you have an extra 100 CCs of RAW POWER!!!!!!!

well i am a bit confused on that part.

it was advertised as an 03 model GP1200R and the manuals say GP1200R 2003 model but i am not real sure if its 02 or 03.

can anyone post links to the decals for the 02/03 models, i looked at another post but it does not look the same. i am in australia so maybe the models look slightly different.

what is an easy way to tell what year model it is?

+1
    Look at your exit nozzle (just behind the plastic steering nozz), it's the piece with a tube sticking out of it-----if it has 67X followed by some more numbers stamped on the side of it, then it is a Pre-2003. If it begins with anything else (i think 60T??), then its an 2003 and later edition.

I am assuming (and betting on) that this small feature is not something that the average joe would have swapped around like some of us do. I bet money that nozzle on it is the original one.

The 2003 was the ONLY year with Orange in the graphics paired with blue.

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    Look at your exit nozzle (just behind the plastic steering nozz), it's the piece with a tube sticking out of it-----if it has 67X followed by some more numbers stamped on the side of it, then it is a Pre-2003. If it begins with anything else (i think 60T??), then its an 2003 and later edition.

I am assuming (and betting on) that this small feature is not something that the average joe would have swapped around like some of us do. I bet money that nozzle on it is the original one.

The 2003 was the ONLY year with Orange in the graphics paired with blue.
    OK i had a look and it appears to be an 02 accoding to your method of verification, strange in a way as it was advertised as an 03 and came with 03 manuals but when i asked the guy what yr it was he said 02.

no matter, i got it for a song and it came with 46 hours on it all in fresh water so i can not complain. best speed so far is 105KPH in stock form

I am not going to mod it for quite a while until i learn how to handle it properly but i can certainly feel the urge to give it more power already eheh.

thanks for the words of advice guys.

Thread Information