Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to me 08 250x questions

Sorry if some of this is reposting, but I am having a hard time finding the info I'm looking for with the search button. I probably asked the wrong questions, or something.

Boat has 44 hrs on it and is super clean other than the fuel smell in the oil lolol... The previous owner had Kawasaki do all service work and gave me all receipts.

I checked the plugs and they look nasty and I would like to replace them, but am being a tight azz and price shopping, with minimal luck. NAPA wants $17 ea. Kawasaki wants $27 ea. for PMR9B's. Are there any other options that you guys might recommend? So far NAPA is sounding pretty good lol!

And I've looked up some of the oil change stuff on here too, but still am wondering what you guys are using to pump the oil out with? We're going out tomorrow for the weekend and I just want to try and get some plugs and oil in it before we go.

I'm looking into doing the 2010 pump bearings and shaft swap this winter.

Back to the GIO subject. What are you guys doing there these days? I saw a little on it, but missed a link to purchasing a kit. Kind of thinking of DIY'ing it if not.

Thanks to everybody who keeps this site so nice. It's an incredible wealth of knowledge.

Jay

spray bottle for the super charger . is there oil in the jet pump and if so how do i change it

Really??? << Very sarchastic tone.

I was hoping for a more serious answer. But thanks for the effort.

ok im not being a sarc remove the wet exaust manifold doing so will give u acses 2 da supercharger. on top of supercharger notice that there will be a steel nut remove nut and insert sparyer in side the supercharger u might have to twist a little to get it were u need it start spaying into a empty coke bottle and u will see da difrence oil should com out a molky bluish color get ass much out as possible then insert new oil till it tops off ....my charger was changed after 3 years of hard riding only because i did my research and did it my self ....the charger was to me low on oil so get to bottles of oil from dealer just in case

Thanks for the quality advice there! That was some good stuff. I'll check into it when we get home for sure.

Put it in the water this am and the wife rode it first with me on the back. (her ski first time ride on it) When she let me drive, it felt pretty good til I got on it. Only hit 44mph. Luckily before we came out we did an oil change and brought a set of new plugs. The new plugs did the trick. That thing is fun as he77 to ride. I'm actually a flatwater superjet rider and this boat is a good time. Very brappy!

Posting from my phone. I may screw up this post.

Thanks for the sc fluid tip. I'm on it!

Jay

You do not have to remove the exhaust to change the SC oil. But it is kinda hard to get to but you can see and get to the bolt with the exhaust still on. Took me about fifteen minutes and was done. And one bottle is enough. You just have to use every bit of it. Need anymore info just ask.

Thanks UnderDog. I like the way that sounds.

Here's another question for you guys. Is it necessary to run the upper line from the stock catch can back to the intake? I'd rather not, but read somewhere that it's necessary to lubricate the sc fins, or something like that. But if it is run that way it's kind of ingesting crap again and it would seem to make more sense to keep it out of the intake. But I dunno, cuz i'm noobish.

Thanks again guys.
    Jay

No do not change that line. But you can get a cooling kit from tbm that will move the line. But that's the only way I would do it.

And whoever told you that is wrong BC the SC finsvdo not need lubrication. They do not touch anything inside but air. There is clearance between them and the inside of the SC. The only thing that you need to do to the SC is change the oil and maybe change the pully. But that's only if your a horsepower junky like me lol

So did you get the SC oil changed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information