Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

rxpx walbro issue

on initial install i got codes p0231, p0232

just re- installed a walbro fuel pump using the attached diagram.

once i put the key on, i get codes p0231 and p0232

help, please... how are you guys installing a walbro on 08 + models?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuelpump_relay_wiring.gif 
Views:	3397 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	210903  

+1
    Weird you should only get one code if the pump is drawing more amp's. Check the main fuse and then plug your stock pump in and see if the codes clear.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    on initial install i got codes p0231, p0232

just re- installed a walbro fuel pump using the attached diagram.

once i put the key on, i get codes p0231 and p0232

help, please... how are you guys installing a walbro on 08 + models?
    So you re-wired the pump? You shouldn't have to do that. Always used the stock wiring on the ones I did and bumped up the fuse to a 15. What did you do with the original connector?

+1
    I installed the one I bought from Summit Racing in my 08 RXPX using the factory wireing, original fuse, and added Inovate LM2 to the same circuit without any issues at all. Have made many WOT runs and long rides, still no issues, codes, or blown fuses...

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Without looking up those codes up... I'm not sure what they are??? However... if you wired that bosch SPDT relay up per the diagram pictured, it should work just fine

Banned User
    +1
    i straight swapped mine w/ the slight modification to the "top part" of the fuel pump housing to allow the larger walbro to "clock" into position with no fuse or any code's thrown. you were able to get away with your turbo set-up and no walbro?

+1
    After looking closer at your diagram I have a hunch (I'm no expert) that your problem may be in your "chasis ground", I'm almost certain that the ground needs to be wired back to the OEM ground connector so it will pull ground through the ECM. The power voltage wire shown on your diagram appears to be correct (straight from the fuse block) and is energized once the lanyard is installed on the DES post and the OEM relay is closed. The ECM monitors the resistance of the circuit and throws a code if its not within a perimeter. To much resistance throws one of the POCODES, I'm almost certain to little will do the same. The ECU should see approcimately 12 ohms on the ground, if its not used the ECU will detect a open circuit (broke wire). Just a theory, maybe someone with a complete understanding will chime in on this!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    I installed the one I bought from Summit Racing in my 08 RXPX using the factory wireing, original fuse, and added Inovate LM2 to the same circuit without any issues at all. Have made many WOT runs and long rides, still no issues, codes, or blown fuses...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    i straight swapped mine w/ the slight modification to the "top part" of the fuel pump housing to allow the larger walbro to "clock" into position with no fuse or any code's thrown. you were able to get away with your turbo set-up and no walbro?
    Me, Too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Without looking up those codes up... I'm not sure what they are??? However... if you wired that bosch SPDT relay up per the diagram pictured, it should work just fine
    I bet the pump is working fine but the ecu is detecting an open circuit.
    The reason I bumped up the fuse size wich is generaly a no no is because the pump can draw slightly more than 10amps at around 70 lbs pressure.

I think dnielsen hit the nail on the head. The electronics are ground switched, not postive power switched in 4tec SeaDoo's. I'll have to agree with the others that the added relay isnt usually needed, and adds another problem I've heard about. Which is that the ECU can detect the pump isn't drawing the power it should when using an added relay, which will cause it to throw a code. Just some things to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    After looking closer at your diagram I have a hunch (I'm no expert) that your problem may be in your "chasis ground", I'm almost certain that the ground needs to be wired back to the OEM ground connector so it will pull ground through the ECM. The power voltage wire shown on your diagram appears to be correct (straight from the fuse block) and is energized once the lanyard is installed on the DES post and the OEM relay is closed. The ECM monitors the resistance of the circuit and throws a code if its not within a perimeter. To much resistance throws one of the POCODES, I'm almost certain to little will do the same. The ECU should see approcimately 12 ohms on the ground, if its not used the ECU will detect a open circuit (broke wire). Just a theory, maybe someone with a complete understanding will chime in on this!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information