Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First PWC, a few questions. 05 RXT

A friend and I just bought a pair of 05 RXTs and when we took them out they ran really badly. Mine seemed to clear out (will run over 70 MPH) after a little while of just putting around, but his will not stay running. It might just start and die, or you might get it to 4k RPMs and then it dies. Thoughts on this???

Also, how long can we run it out of water assuming we have a hose hooked into the exhaust system?

Is there any air filter on these?

Thanks

+1
    Bad gas/water in gas maybe? I wouldn't run them more than a minute or so on the hose to prevent burning up the carbon seal. No codes?

would it show something on the display if there were codes? I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary I don't think

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine350r View Post
    would it show something on the display if there were codes? I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary I don't think
    Yes it would! There are no air filters on the stock air intake... change out the plugs, and see where you are then. How many hours are on the ski's, and how long have they sat???

could be bad gas, the prev owner said they were sitting for a few months.

Is it ok to try an automotive fuel injector cleaner into these? Any brand suggestions if so?

We just changed the plugs and it starts right up on the trailer and seems to run well.

There seems to be a vibration/rattle in the drive train. We also noticed this at idle while at the lake, but once the one was moving it seemed to go away.

One weird thing, what is the hose that goes to the crossbar holding on the front seat half? It appears to go nowhere?

Thanks for the help guys, we are both new to these things.

+1
    Are you talking about the vent hose? Are you sure it's a vibration or just the noise the pump makes normally out of water that you may not be used to? It may be the pump bearings if it's bad at idle on the lake. But could be a few other things as well

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine350r View Post
    Is it ok to try an automotive fuel injector cleaner into these? Any brand suggestions if so?

We just changed the plugs and it starts right up on the trailer and seems to run well.

There seems to be a vibration/rattle in the drive train. We also noticed this at idle while at the lake, but once the one was moving it seemed to go away.

One weird thing, what is the hose that goes to the crossbar holding on the front seat half? It appears to go nowhere?

Thanks for the help guys, we are both new to these things.
    I would hold off on the fuel additives for now, and get some fresh 93 octane run through them first! The rattle that you hear out of the water is the prop... completely normal. If you don't hear it... then you have a problem. As for your hose that goes nowhere... thats entirely for hull ventilation.

Quote Originally Posted by WOT 88 View Post
    Are you talking about the vent hose? Are you sure it's a vibration or just the noise the pump makes normally out of water that you may not be used to?
    its the big hose thats attached to the cross bar?

It certainly could just be a noise the pump makes. Like I said, the one sounded great once it was under power in the water.

+1
    How many hours are on these ski's???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information