Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking get passed the speed limiter on 2010 rxtx

I'm starting to put some mods on the new ski and am wanting to get around the speed limiter. I heard word of a few ecms in the works. Is there anyone out here running one and are there any problems with them. Was going to put a 15/22r and probally a riva supercharger on the ski also. Also is anyone making a rideplate and grate for the ski yet. I mean the ski handles like it's on rails now but there can always be better rite.

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Motec is close to releasing a plug and play system for the 2010 RXTX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
    I'm starting to put some mods on the new ski and am wanting to get around the speed limiter.
    Get ready to bend over...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Get ready to bend over...

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    motec is like 3000

figure for race ecu 1000 - 1700 rrfpr 400 a fuel controler 500 ...so you will have 1900 to 2600 invested depending on the ecu you chose..and only be able to really half a$$ tune it...so for 400 - 1100 extra depending on the ecu of choice.....i would say you get alot.....

the motec allows you to to completely tune almost ever aspect of engine management ..and the face they still give you all hte built in saftey warnings ect..unlike the rotax ecu

3000 in the high performance jet ski world isnt really that much ...take one glance at the rotax line up

i i had to do it all over again ..i would just do a motec from the start and be done

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    motec is like 3000

figure for race ecu 1000 - 1700 rrfpr 400 a fuel controler 500 ...so you will have 1900 to 2600 invested depending on the ecu you chose..and only be able to really half a$$ tune it...so for 400 - 1100 extra depending on the ecu of choice.....i would say you get alot.....

the motec allows you to to completely tune almost ever aspect of engine management ..and the face they still give you all hte built in saftey warnings ect..unlike the rotax ecu

3000 in the high performance jet ski world isnt really that much ...take one glance at the rotax line up

i i had to do it all over again ..i would just do a motec from the start and be done
    Great reply.

From what Pete from Motec has told me about there testing on the RXTX. They have gained 5 MPH over stock. They have also kept the brake working too.

+1
    I would stick with your 4" intake and maybe impeller. Things are just a little too pricey for me to go another 2-3 mph.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    no matter what mods you make until you take the gps speed limiter off the ski the gps is going to slow you back down to 70 so far the motec .or a european ecu is the only way

once my buddy gets production going on his new ECU for can-ams, i'll be working with him on developing another model for my seadoo. i don't see why it wouldn't be able to get past the speed limiter, plus the target price of the new unit is $1k, and it gives close to the same options as a motec.

http://800vtwin.com/Canam_ECM.htm

ATV owners think $1500 is insane for an ECU, BRP racing or stand alone, so developing one that is more cost effective to manufacture has been a goal of his for a while now. the BRP race ECU is $1250, but you gotta be in with a race team to get them, and they don't allow for real tuning, so there has been a decent market for a cost effective ECU. if more people are interested, i might be able to light a fire under his ass to get one going for the seadoos.

thank you all. cant wait to get the new ecm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information