+1

?? Mechanical rave valve ?? & the exhaust water leak

Ok so I know how to switch the raves to mechanical but after that what do you do with the solenoid for the rear water box having the one disconnected does it effect the other??
    And the exhaust manifold to head pipe leak. Does it just spray out or have people found both to where it's also blowing i'n the manifold and getting to the cylinders. I just found the leak when I removed all the junk and never been wrenched on so been lime that from day one from the factory or built over time 55 hrs really lol.

Thanks everyone

+1
    I don't know about the first part, but regarding the water spray from the exhaust part it's a common problem for it too spray at WOT due to the large amount and pressure of water entering the exhaust; I rember reading Bill O. once said to check for water spots after a WOT run, to determine if the exhaust manifold/pipe are sealed, it makes sense. Shop manual says you could check your cooling system with a leak down to determine if any pressure from the cooling circuits would enter somewhere else into the motor.

ps- BRP threw out that "diaper" fix which is really annoying to me, from a design standpoint; day by day I'm leaning more towards Yamaha. All I need is $$$

+1
    Yea I understand that it blows water out at high speed since this is when I noticed it. But was wondering if anyone actaully knows if it's blowing in to the cylinders as well. I took mine aprt and dont see any signs but hard to tell unless it a bad leak. I guess seal it up and go with it.

What about the rave valve thing any one have a idea I searched and found nothing about it. ??

Oh I agree....I thought about buying a 3 seater doo for the fam...now I remember why I never owned one. I will stick with one ...for now and see if I still have it next summer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    But was wondering if anyone actually knows if it's blowing in to the cylinders as well.
    If you do a leak down and pressurize the cooling circuit and nothing leaks I guess you can rest assured that nothing is getting back to the pistons, makes sense? Have a copy of the shop manual, it's near the beginning.

+1
    ok I figured it out the line going to the back is like a blow off line out the pump and not to the water valve ...

Thread Information