Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Tip: Trouble codes for 4 Tec's

If you ever pull a trouble code this will be a quick reference for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trouble codes

How do you get the actual trouble code? I get a message for a sensor fault, but no code. It just tells me that engine maintenance is required. I suspect there is nothing wrong, but don't know how to check or clear the code. If I take it to a dealer, I am sure it will cost $$ just to have them plug it into their diagnostic tool.

plug in your lanyard, let your display set itself (2 or 3 seconds), then press "set" five times...a code will appear....a letter followed by four numbers....for example p1517, ....which is the current problem I am facing right now! My RXP thinks it has a compass...but it does not! Dealer has to reset my computer...

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have mentioned that I have a 2004, so I hope it works the same as a 2005. The dealer told me this was possible with models latter than mine. I will soon find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    plug in your lanyard, let your display set itself (2 or 3 seconds), then press "set" five times...a code will appear....a letter followed by four numbers....for example p1517, ....which is the current problem I am facing right now! My RXP thinks it has a compass...but it does not! Dealer has to reset my computer...
    I was wondering if there is a way to check this on an 06 RXP? From what I understand they changed the gauge cluster in 06 and there is not a mode or set button. Just start/stop and VTS.

I have two 04 SCs that are relatively identical, one has about 10 more hours than the other for a total of 115 and 125 hours on each, about 50 of which were in the last month. The 125 hr ski flashes the "MAINT" when I put the key on it but when I try the set button trick, I just get "END." Any ideas about this? It happens both running and not.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    I have two 04 SCs that are relatively identical, one has about 10 more hours than the other for a total of 115 and 125 hours on each, about 50 of which were in the last month. The 125 hr ski flashes the "MAINT" when I put the key on it but when I try the set button trick, I just get "END." Any ideas about this? It happens both running and not.
    it's just a reminder....you can live with it, or take it to a dealer to have them clear the reminder, assuming you've serviced it.

get rid of that trouble code

Found out from the dealer that that was a TIMER code for scheduled maintenance. Holding down the SET button while the key is on its post for about a minute, then releasing the SET button and taking the key off, should eliminate the code. <- which doesn't work... wanted to stop confusion now.
    Last edited by TBM; 08-27-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Found out you can hold set for a minute with it on, then take the key out, hold on a sec, then plug in and be MAINT free. Tried it, though, and no luck. Anyone heard of any procedure like this?
    Last edited by TBM; 08-04-2007 at 12:40 PM.

+1
    That only worked on the older skis. It does not work on the 4-tec's.

The "MAINT" light must be cleared by the dealer with the BUDS software.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information