Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riva Stage I Rxp/Rxt

I am thinking about getting a Riva Stage I kit for my Rxp and Rxt and I was just wondering if you guys had some numbers. Also if there's anything else you can think of pros and cons what to use in the kit and what not please let me know. I've heard some good and bad things about the intake grates and pump wedges. Thanks again.

I ran a Riva stage one guy last week he was 67.5MPH, 2.5 MPH faster than he was which is pretty good. I dont like the grate lost 1 mph, the wedge was good for 1-1.5 MPH. Spend the money get the intake tube or do your own and the 2 deg wedge. Next I'd get a IC, and get the Solas or go RR ECU with a stock prop you will be doing 70. I dont know about the stock ECU and the Solas, one I installed the IC it was on the limiter at 8100 rpm so I went RR ECU.

+1
    That kit is a great starting point. You will get better acceleration as well as top end. Better hookup too! You should be able to GPS at about 71mph with the kit on a RXP. Some people like the wedge, others don't. I like the wedge, but i ride in primarily flat water.

+1
    Look at just about any website that advertises the riva stage 1 kits and it will tell you the numbers and some info about the parts and pieces.

RXT or RXP boats are toataly differant the way I'd mod them.Advertised numbers can be very deceiving and raise your expectations pretty high. Start with your base line RTXís are anywhere from 63, 65 MPH and take it from there, a 4 MPH gain is a lot. 70 + is a high expectation with out a lot of work.
    I was pretty happy with 67-68 before really heavy Modding mine. It takes a lot to get over that and at 68 there wonít be very many RXPís that will keep up on a normal small choppy water day. Get a boost gauge is almost mandatory if your going to start playing with it, my SC clutch started slipping as soon as it started getting to 8100 rpm. Pull your charger and tighten the clutch washers to 110 inch lbs, youíll find it is about 55-60 inch lbs now and isnít enough. The wedge on the RXT is good for speed make the boat ride a little harsher but keeps the bow up; again I didnít like the grate and latter you can adjust the nozzle down with a mod that cost about $150.00 stainless swivel joint to get it were you like it.

+1
    Burnwater, is the RR Stage III kit the fastest kit that is made by a manufacturer for the RXP??

+1
    Rotax Racing now has a 300 HP kit.

I have the RIVA Stage I kit and am not really that impressed with it...yes it DID make it accel a little faster and my top speed went up a bit-but not to what they claim...heres my breakdown:

Power Air Intake: -its kinda a pain to install and I didnt see any good RPM gains from it like RIVA claims. Actually I didnt even see a 50 rpm gain from this mod alone.

Wedge: -the only thing I noticed was I had to adjust my trim to get my RPMs maxed out.

Intake Grate: -seems to help out alot in the chop for me, it stays hooked up alot better, IMO.

Solas Prop: -after installing this last, I felt the most improvement over the rest of the mods, Im not sure what would happen if you installed this alone without the rest though...

^ just my 2 cents.

My best top speed is 69.3 GPS.

Jay

Jerry you know the RR stuff is the highest HP kits and I'll stick my RR RXT up against any Riva stageII RXT. There is no sub for RPM and biggest prop you can spin. Riva stage II RXT they claim 72-73 with a 13/19 prop at 8100RPM (I don't think so not my RXT anyway) I'm spinning a 14/19 at 8400 and seeing 74 MPH.

+1
    I agree! Rotax Racing Rocks!!

Craig, that is damn good numbers on that ski!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information