Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

RXP-X intake grate input needed (thanks)

Hey guys...I just purchased an 08' RXP-X with 22hrs and love it. I had the Ultra 250x previously, which gave me alot of headaches, but alot of fun as well. I was the one who came up with the pump shaft mod, or "coonass" mod as they call it. lol
    Long story short, I said I would never get another ski, but I fell into a deal I couldn't pass up. I have to say, I LOVE the ski. Fit, finish, handling, stock GPS speed and everything is better than I expected. I weigh around 170 and the ski ran right at 8000 rpm and was ran 71.4 down river and 68.6 up river on 1/3 tank of fuel. I know its not accurate as a result of the current, but I never had a choice of where to go that day. I couldn't go where I normally ride (no current) as a result of the oil spill clean up having the launch tied up.
    I run mostly flat water and alot of top end. I read where there is contraversy on what intake grate to get. Riva, Works, R&D etc. I am looking for mostly top speed, and the rest of the ski is stock....for now. Thanks in advance for any input. I've searched the site but can't seem to find any hard results (GPS numbers before and after the install of any of the grates)

+1
    Mostly flat water, top speed? R&D grate all the way skip the rest. Three totally stock PXs low 69s with stock grate, with just a R&D grate low 73s. I was the rider on each ski.

+1
    That is the EXACT kind of response I was looking for. Thank you for your time and suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Mostly flat water, top speed? R&D grate all the way skip the rest. Three totally stock PXs low 69s with stock grate, with just a R&D grate low 73s. I was the rider on each ski.

+1
    The R&D grate offered better hook up on mine and happened to be just as fast as the Riva grate.

+1
    I also run a R&D on my PX. Picked up 2-3 mph.

+1
    Thanks guys...seems like the R&D is the way to go for my application and riding style. Keep the replies coming though... I don't mind the reassurance, or suggestions from your experiences. I'll be sure to post my results as soon as I get it in and test with it.

+1
    Nice video too.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post

+1
    The Rxpx is amazing. Spend less than 1k and run around 75mph.

+1
    As I mentioned, so far from the little riding I've done...I love it. It's completely stock at this point...being able to run 75 for under $1000 is music to my ears. Especially with stock internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    The Rxpx is amazing. Spend less than 1k and run around 75mph.

Wow, I have the Riva grate. It the only one I ever swapped to from stock grate. I think I did this along with the SS wear ring. I dont remember ever thinking i picked up extra speed in particular...just extra hook in chop.

My past experiences with grates was that if the scoop "pedals" were too much/too big, then you'd definitely loose speed...
    With that thought in mind, i cant hardly tell the differences between most grates with the shitty pics in the forum's store....

And furthermore, with all this in mind, I certainly never would have guessed anyone would ever gain 2-3mph just from a grate change?!?!?!

So, all that said.....what do u guys (who've tried more than one grate) realistically believe I'd gain from just a grate change (and with which grate) over the Riva ive been running all along??

Im currently in the market for more speed without dipping into the motor/ECU, yet I have no idea what to buy next (still digging through all the opinions!)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information