Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea Doo Rxt-X 260 opinions

Hey guys first time posting and i am planning to buy a new ski in about the next month or so, i have looked over all the potential 2010 models i would like to have but of course I have to choose one. Its between the Ultra 260, Fx SHO and the RXT-X 260.

Out of these three the RXT-X has kept my eye locked on it. They are all mean and fast skis and all seem to ride amazing so for me it does come down to reliability and how suited it is to my riding conditions. I live in trinidad in the carribean so 100% offshore riding with the occasional flat water moments. Like i said i am hooked on the idea of having the RXT-X but like anyone looking to shell out 13,000 for a PWC i really would like to know peoples opinions. So far many people seem to be blown away by that ski and with the exception of a few minor problems like crappy supercharger hose clamps and leaking panel covers.

Minor problems aside how is the ski? also it seems to be a rather large ski even by 3 seater standards, does that affect performance in any way? and should i consider the Fx SHO and Ultra 260 more or go full speed ahead with the RXT-X?

what about the 2010 RXP-X 255? i suggest it mainly because of the size of the RXT-X? is the 2 seater more fun to own or should i still go with the 3 seater because of ocean conditions, and is the size of the RXT-X that big of a deal?

Please no brand bashing...i know alot of you guys on these forums are loyal to your respective manufacturers but i would really appriciate un biased opinions from people who have experienced riding these beasts.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. I would definitely suggest a 3 seater for ocean applications. I didn't pick the RXT-X, but I think it's still a great choice for ocean riding; as long as those back hatches don't pop off. The ski carves like it's on rails. The closed loop cooling is going to keep salt water out of your engine, too. For more of my comments on this model my see thread here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...r+two+new+skis

looked at your comments, really great info...truly its just down to the size of the damn whale i am planning to ride around on size is a pretty big factor for me, don't want to look like a mouse ridding an elephant when i am on the water...even though it is a 70 mph drop dead gorgeous elephant

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdefreit View Post
    looked at your comments, really great info...truly its just down to the size of the damn whale i am planning to ride around on size is a pretty big factor for me, don't want to look like a mouse ridding an elephant when i am on the water...even if it is a 70 mph drop dead gorgeous elephant
    Yeah I know what you mean, it's a monster. But I really feel like it was designed for the ocean, and when you get out there on the 6 foot swells, the T-X is not going to feel as big as you think! That extra length at the back is very low to the water, and it's really not that visible. The Ultra is another worthy ski for ocean applications; the best thing to do is test ride all of them if you can and pick the one that feels right for you.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I have a 2010 RXTiS and I believe that it's over 100 pounds heavier than the regular RXT. With that being said, I do a lot of ocean riding as well and really like the springs. With the extra weight and a slightly higher center of gravity with the suspension all the way up, an iS won't be as nimble as an RXT, but I can tell you that my iS is a pretty nimble machine overall. In other words, it does not handle like a pig. So a regular RXT shouldn't be a problem for you.

how is the reliability of your iS? i have done my research before even considering buying...and before the thing even touches the water i am replacing that Sh*ty supercharger hose clamp...have read wayyy too many reports with people complaining about that hose popping off. Those panels seem to be a problem too but i will most probably try to find a solution to it...if anything attach a little 4 inch wire of some kind so that even if it does pop off, i dont lose it behind the ski

+1
    I can't tell you about ocean or really rough riding. But I can compare to the old Doo hulls, and its not even close. the ride is a million times better cutting through everything. Like I said, no ocean, but bunch of fool boats running 1/2 on plane. 2-3 foot junk. It hits them, jump them and keeps going. lands very smooth. I had an 07 RXT before and I thought about the weight too. I have no idea its there. Its longer than the old RXT too, but its in the back. More room to get on/off. The hatches have never come loose. They leak a little bit, but don't come loose. RXT may be rated a 3 seater, but it rides like a one seater. I haven't ridden the RXP in a while, but with it having the old hull, as well as the RXT-X handles, The RXT-X may well turn inside the RXP.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdefreit View Post
    how is the reliability of your iS? i have done my research before even considering buying...and before the thing even touches the water i am replacing that Sh*ty supercharger hose clamp...have read wayyy too many reports with people complaining about that hose popping off. Those panels seem to be a problem too but i will most probably try to find a solution to it...if anything attach a little 4 inch wire of some kind so that even if it does pop off, i dont lose it behind the ski
    Yes, my hose popped off ONCE. It was fixed right away and I believe that Sea Doo is supposed to make a change to a better clamp. My rear storage panels have never popped open. They do leak a tad bit of water though, but nothing that I've ever concerned about. I only store my fire extinguisher and fenders/lines back there anyways. The only real difference with the iS and the RXT is the suspension, but for a mechanic to get to the engine is a little more difficult, therefore they charge a little more. If you want to see the suspension system in action, go to my youtube page and you'll find some recent video adds of my ski from the front and back.

www.youtube.com/unsane

man this machine sounds incredible. guys i think you have convinced me to push through and get the sea doo...the other models seem great but sea doo just seems to be bringing soo much to the table with the ski i can't resist.if there is anything at all i should know about owning this particular ski, i would really appreciate if you all could share. thank you for your input guys

+1
    Another thing you might want to consider is the hull strength. I know they are both very strong hulls, but I just got ride of my 08 FX-SHO Cruiser, which was a AWESOME ski and NEVER failed me once. I am seeing a big difference between the SHO and my RXT-X 260 hull espicially when going through some chope or pretty good size waves. With my SHO, I could feel the hit of the waves throughout the whole ski, where as the RXT-X 260 seems to have a heavier and more solid hull, in which I dont feel the pounding near as much as I did in my SHO. Now, the SHO have a 1812cc engine was GREAT. I took a 400 hundred mile trip on the Yamaha and it ran perfect and used little gas running around 40-45mph. Well as you can see, apparently now that I have the RXT-X 260, I am not to concerned with the gas, until I take that trip next year. Well, which ever ski you settle with, just remember no matter what brand, its how you take care of it that will tell the LONG story of the ski and best of luck to you.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0703ridefreedom0098.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	211372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40308_1556522799433_1426130444_31454703_4840440_n.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	211373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00883.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	211371

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information