Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

PIC's of AMY's 2005 Ski (will be changing)

Have had some serious paint matching issues with her ski, so many things that you see here are going away and starting over with a non-automobile paint source from "House Of Kolors".

The Exotic Signs vinle is hard to match because it's such a "clean" but different color. The "hot-Pink" idea has been hard to do because of the pigments in this type of color. This came out to be an ugly "pepto bismol" pink and nothing like we intended, plus we used a pearl coating on top of the clear coat, and that changed the color dramatically.

But, i will give the final pics again when finished, but have a look at what happened the first time. Expensive lesson learned real quick in the world of paint.

Oh no Amy! It's catching!
    (You should have locked up that ski in another garage!)

+1
    A vagina ski!

+1
    Abbott,
    I like Pink as much as the next guy just not on my Ski!! (unless its stradling the seat)

Seriously looks real clean you did a great job!! How and what type of paint did you use to paint the grab bar?

Not bad Abbott!

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    well damn it looked good on the computer but the real world is a big difference what color are you gonna try next ABBOTT

+1
    still going for a pink for her, this one was just a real "milky" pink. Not the brightness that we were hoping for.

It's very confusing at this point because it's not pink, not orange, not purple, -----------it's more of a mix, i would call it a "magenta" that is in the vinle that we are trying to match. Matching liquid paint to a vinle color is difficult, especially when there isn't much in the color wheel for this.

Going to have to do some custom mixing to bring out a snappy "radiant" color that will flow well with this graphics package. She doesn't want neon pink, which would have been very easy to do (and i like that idea better) but she doesn't want a soft pink either, so i am trying to find that happy medium right now.

We'll get it, it's just going to take some time. It will be a brighter color in the "pink / magenta" arena. At this time we've been mixing Dupont automotive paints to get what is there now. But it's looking like we're going to have to get some specialty florecent pigments to mix in from another source.

We've also tried scanning the samples sent to us from exotic signs of the exact color - but the "matching" formula that the machine is spitting out is more on the purple side when sprayed on a test wall.

My painter is very good so i am pretty sure that we'll find a solution. I will update the site with a finished product. The inside of the boat is being done too and it's going to look real strong.

Abbott,

Just take her ski to a GOOD auto body shop and have them do a mathc on the paint... You'll save your self a lot of time and head ache!!!

Just a thought, they can match anything!

+1
    it looks good to me from the pics, real life must be a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkiller View Post
    Abbott,

Just take her ski to a GOOD auto body shop and have them do a mathc on the paint... You'll save your self a lot of time and head ache!!!

Just a thought, they can match anything!
    x2

they will take a digi pic of the color, and then a paint chip number will print out, at that point they will mix the paint.

the pearl looks different in the sun, but i'm sure you already know that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information