Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Is My rude controller working?

Here the set up GPRXP, rude 3, 50# injectors, riva ecu, rive fuel pressure regulator(rising rate disabled) Rude fuel controller.

With a rude 2 map and the fuel pressure set to 54 pounds the thing is pig rich every where. At idle the afrs are 9.8 to 10 and it stays there through wide open throttle. I have taken fuel away at idle its set at 8.9 and still pig rich. Stays pig rich through wot. Ski can be very hard to start, Its vapor locked with fuel. No matter how much fuel I take away with the rude controller it doesnt seem to change anything.

I then tried lowering my base fuel pressure to 38 pounds. The ski starts and idles nice afrs are 11.5 to 11.9 until 7000 rpms when they hit 13 or so.

Is it possible the rude controller is bad?

+1
    Joe, have only heard of 1 controller going bad..Not saying it isnt cause anything is possible..Get ahold of Nils and see what he says..Hell be able to take care of you or it...If not LMK and ill give him a ring..

Banned User
    +1
    Same thing kinda is happening to me, but I am using the base mapping. I drop pressure to about 40ish and it starts to get better, but once you go under that it screws with the injectors themselves...I will be working with Snoman to redo my map soon, but I will have 42's on hand to see what happens...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    Here the set up GPRXP, rude 3, 50# injectors, riva ecu, rive fuel pressure regulator(rising rate disabled) Rude fuel controller.

With a rude 2 map and the fuel pressure set to 54 pounds the thing is pig rich every where. At idle the afrs are 9.8 to 10 and it stays there through wide open throttle. I have taken fuel away at idle its set at 8.9 and still pig rich. Stays pig rich through wot. Ski can be very hard to start, Its vapor locked with fuel. No matter how much fuel I take away with the rude controller it doesnt seem to change anything.

I then tried lowering my base fuel pressure to 38 pounds. The ski starts and idles nice afrs are 11.5 to 11.9 until 7000 rpms when they hit 13 or so.

Out of curiousity can you disconnect the RFC, hook up your boost reference line and set your idle pressure to about 50lbs (key pressure around 56) and see what happens.

This is pretty much where mine is at and running good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post

What brand injectors do you use?
    I had big problems with the 50's from Riva,changed to bosch might help.

I'm a bit afraid of the fuelcontroller also,mine gave all kind of strange readings,wasn't very consistent.
    Whatever i tried i couldn't get good number,they kept changing whatever i did.

Didn't use the controller for a couple of months,gonna try it one more time,if it doesn't work i will go with a rrfpr.

Contacted Nils about the issue,he said he never had seen these kind of problems,but it seems i'm not the only one having some difficulties with the controller.

The thing i'm afraid of is, once i have set the controller and go make a ride without the LM-2 hooked up,and the controller goes lean,i will have serious damage to my engine.

+1
    After finally get a computer to talk to my RC, I have got my ski running pretty good. I built my own map, probably could get it to run better if a real expert built the map. I am not running a rrfpr, but seems like I read here were some people with the RC and a rrfpr were having problems on were to set the rrfpr.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    The thing i'm afraid of is, once i have set the controller and go make a ride without the LM-2 hooked up,and the controller goes lean,i will have serious damage to my engine.
    This is why IMO it is best to start out rich and use the controller to pull fuel. This way if the fc goes bad it will go rich.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    This is why IMO it is best to start out rich and use the controller to pull fuel. This way if the fc goes bad it will go rich.

+1 Excellent advice

+1

Contacted Nils about the issue,he said he never had seen these kind of problems,but it seems i'm not the only one having some difficulties with the controller.

+1 on the injectors..I ran the same 50 lbs injectors that Riva sells and they were garbage after one year..Had the same problem with inconsistancy..

You have to remember these controllers are sensitive to adjustment..If your numbers are all not quite right your readings may change especially with the changing weather conditions..Ive been seeing what you guys are running and it seems the bigger ECUS have the biggest difference...Im running a Stock ECU and have been running the same map for 2 years with no problems...Ive actually cranked off numerous 80+MPH runs with it..SO, Maybe there is something in the racing ECUs that make it a tad more different or touchier than the OEM ones...Maybe something to do with the tighter fuel and timing curves and when the climate changes you guys see more of a difference than the OEM ones..Just a thought...

The controller itself will never go lean..What you set it at is what its gonna do..its the other factors that will cause your fuel to lean out...All the controller does is what its told..it doesnt make any adjustments on its own..

+1..But you have to watch it..You cannot put monster injectors in and dial it way down..the ECU doesnt like that..I tried this on both my skis and once i started dialing the injectors below 7 the ECU threw a temper tantrum..BUT to run one step above the recommended injector size and dial that down is fine..Remember on the controller 10 is what the injectors pulse at without a controller hooked up..So if your numbers are all below 10 and the controller supposedly takes a shit..youll richen up so fast it wont be funny...

+1

+1 on the injectors..I ran the same 50 lbs injectors that Riva sells and they were garbage after one year..Had the same problem with inconsistancy..

You have to remember these controllers are sensitive to adjustment..If your numbers are all not quite right your readings may change especially with the changing weather conditions..Ive been seeing what you guys are running and it seems the bigger ECUS have the biggest difference...Im running a Stock ECU and have been running the same map for 2 years with no problems...Ive actually cranked off numerous 80+MPH runs with it..SO, Maybe there is something in the racing ECUs that make it a tad more different or touchier than the OEM ones...Maybe something to do with the tighter fuel and timing curves and when the climate changes you guys see more of a difference than the OEM ones..Just a thought...

The controller itself will never go lean..What you set it at is what its gonna do..its the other factors that will cause your fuel to lean out...All the controller does is what its told..it doesnt make any adjustments on its own..

+1..But you have to watch it..You cannot put monster injectors in and dial it way down..the ECU doesnt like that..I tried this on both my skis and once i started dialing the injectors below 7 the ECU threw a temper tantrum..BUT to run one step above the recommended injector size and dial that down is fine..Remember on the controller 10 is what the injectors pulse at without a controller hooked up..So if your numbers are all below 10 and the controller supposedly takes a shit..youll richen up so fast it wont be funny...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information